Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next-2.6] sch_sfq: allow big packets and be fair

From: Jarek Poplawski <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 12:17:06 +0000

On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 11:39:20AM +0000, Jarek Poplawski wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 11:57:17AM +0100, Eric Dumazet wrote:
> > Now the check is performed at the beginning of sfq_dequeue(), to be able
> > to charge a previously sent 'big packet' multiple times (faulty flow
> > wont send a packet before passing xx rounds)
> > 
> > I believe I just did the right thing. The "allot" is incremented when
> > current flow "pass its round to next slot", and decremented when a
> > packet is dequeued from this slot. Before being allowed to dequeue a
> > packet, "allot" must be 'positive'.
> 
> Simply try to check my examples before and after. There is no skipping
> of a round now. It's a serious change. Somebody tried to avoid it at
> all in the current implementation. You should also think about fairness
> of normal (but different) size packets.

Oops! You're right yet ;-) This skipping shouldn't happen with quantum
bigger than max packet size, so this patch is OK.

Sorry,
Jarek P.