Subject: [net-next-2.6 PATCH 00/10] Workarounds and fixes for ntuple filters

From: Alexander Duyck <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 15:32:39 -0800

This patch series is meant to address issue in the implementation of ntuple
filters in both ixgbe and the kernel.  The main issue being that ntuple
filters didn't support the ability for drivers to retain and display
filters.

This series addresses it by removing the ETHTOOL_GRXNTUPLE interface
from the kernel and extends the ethtool network flow classifier interface
to handle the same fields that ntuple filters provide.  I have a separate
set of patches I will be emailing out in the next few minutes that will
contain the ethtool user-space portion of these changes.
 
The patches labeled with RFC are currently just for comments as I am not
submitting them directly to the netdev tree and will be instead submitting
them to the Jeff Kirsher's Intel network driver tree for submission.

---

Alexander Duyck (10):
      [RFC] ixgbe: Add support for using the same fields as ntuple in nfc
      [RFC] ixgbe: add support for nfc addition and removal of filters
      [RFC] ixgbe: add support for displaying ntuple filters via the nfc interface
      [RFC] ixgbe: add basic support for settting and getting nfc controls
      [RFC] ixgbe: update perfect filter framework to support retaining filters
      [RFC] ixgbe: add support for different Rx packet buffer sizes
      [RFC] ethtool: remove support for ETHTOOL_GRXNTUPLE
      [RFC] ixgbe: remove ntuple filtering
      ethtool: add ntuple flow specifier to network flow classifier
      ethtool: prevent null pointer dereference with NTUPLE set but no set_rx_ntuple

 drivers/net/ixgbe/ixgbe.h         |   29 +-
 drivers/net/ixgbe/ixgbe_82598.c   |    2 
 drivers/net/ixgbe/ixgbe_82599.c   |  661 ++++++++++++++++++++-----------------
 drivers/net/ixgbe/ixgbe_dcb_nl.c  |   47 +--
 drivers/net/ixgbe/ixgbe_ethtool.c |  504 ++++++++++++++++++++++------
 drivers/net/ixgbe/ixgbe_main.c    |   90 +++--
 drivers/net/ixgbe/ixgbe_type.h    |   25 +
 drivers/net/ixgbe/ixgbe_x540.c    |    2 
 include/linux/ethtool.h           |   27 +-
 include/linux/netdevice.h         |    3 
 net/core/dev.c                    |    5 
 net/core/ethtool.c                |  302 -----------------
 12 files changed, 884 insertions(+), 813 deletions(-)

--