Subject: Re: [patch net-next-2.6] net: reinject arps into bonding slave instead of master

From: Jiri Pirko <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 21:51:59 +0100

Wed, Mar 09, 2011 at 08:45:48AM CET, [email-masked] wrote:
>Tue, Mar 08, 2011 at 10:44:37PM CET, [email-masked] wrote:
>>Le 08/03/2011 14:42, Andy Gospodarek a écrit :
>>>I'm pretty sure this patch will have the same catastrophic problem your
>>>last one did.  By cloning and setting skb2->dev = orig_dev you just
>>>inserted a frame identical to the one we received right back into the
>>>stack.  It only took a few minutes for my box to melt as one frame on
>>>the wire will cause an infinite number of frames to be received by the
>>>stack.
>>
>>I agree with Andy. We still keep one reinject (netif_rx), which is
>>probably better that two (__netif_receive_skb), but not enough.
>>
>>I really think we need a general framework for late delivery of final
>>packets to packet handler registered somewhere in the rx_handler
>>path.
>>
>>Jiri, is this patch the one you announced as "I have some kind nice
>>solution in mind and I'm going to submit that as a patch later (too
>>many patches are in the wind atm)" ?
>
>
>I did not had time to verify my thought yet but I think that the only
>think needed against my original patch (bonding: move processing of recv
>handlers into handle_frame()) is ro remove vlan_on_bond_hook, period.
>
>Because all incoming arps are seen by bond_handle_frame =>
>bond->recv_probe , even vlan ones - that would make eth0-bond0-bond0.5
>work and eth0-bond0-br0-bond0.5 as well. But again, need to verify this.

Working good even for eth0-bond0-br0-bond0.5 mode1 arp_validate,
hwvlanaccel. Looking good so far.

>Jirka