Subject: Re: widely supported ZigBee USB hardware?

From: "John W. Linville" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 10:05:36 -0400

On Wed, Mar 23, 2011 at 07:49:13PM -0400, George Nychis wrote:

> I am trying to find a widely supported (and available) ZigBee USB
> device with Linux. I understand there are some GPL related issues with
> ZigBee, but there seems to be a couple related drivers available. In
> particular, this device:
> http://www.adaptivem2m.com/zigbee-technology/zigbee-usb-dongle.htm
> 
> I could get this, but I wanted to get some general feedback first to
> see if there is something different that is more well updated. It
> seems like the last driver I could find for this was from 2007.
> 
> Has anyone had any personal experience with ZigBee and Linux and have
> any advice?

I'm not sure anyone on this list has experience with ZigBee.  I know
there is some ieee802.15.4 support in the kernel, but I'm not sure
where that is discussed (other than netdev).  Hopefully someone on
the Cc list is aware?

John
-- 
John W. Linville		Someday the world will need a hero, and you
[email-masked]			might be all we have.  Be ready.