Subject: Re: [PATCHv2 0/9] macb: add support for Cadence GEM

From: Jamie Iles <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 10:40:41 +0100

Hi Jean-Christophe,

On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 05:25:17PM +0100, Jean-Christophe PLAGNIOL-VILLARD wrote:
> On 17:55 Tue 22 Mar     , Jamie Iles wrote:
> > Hi Jean-Christophe,
> > > Also, can you confirm that the module ID's that you are using to 
> > > differentiate between AT91 and AVR32 won't clash with MACB uses in 
> > > other, non-at91/avr32 chips, or that it doesn't matter?
> > 
> > If this does work, then it would be nice if we made the else path of the 
> > RMII AT91 tests also test for avr32 too so we aren't driving the USRIO 
> > pins on platforms that aren't at91 but also aren't avr32.  So something 
> > the patch below instead.
> I'm currently traveling so I can not test it yet will test it next week
> but looks good

Just wondering if you'd had chance to test.  If so, would you mind 
reposting and I'll rebase my patches on top of it.

I also have patches for checksum offloading, receive packet timestamping 
and wake-on-lan support but I'd like to get the basic GEM ones into next 
first.

Jamie