Subject: [PATCH] bonding: 802.3ad - fix agg_device_up

From: Jiri Bohac <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 14:09:55 +0200

The slave member of struct aggregator does not necessarily point
to a slave which is part of the aggregator. It points to the
slave structure containing the aggregator structure, while
completely different slaves (or no slaves at all) may be part of
the aggregator.

The agg_device_up() function wrongly uses agg->slave to find the state of the
aggregator.  Use agg->lag_ports->slave instead. The bug has been
introduced by commit 4cd6fe1c6483cde93e2ec91f58b7af9c9eea51ad.

Signed-off-by: Jiri Bohac <[email-masked]>

diff --git a/drivers/net/bonding/bond_3ad.c b/drivers/net/bonding/bond_3ad.c
index 494bf96..31912f1 100644
--- a/drivers/net/bonding/bond_3ad.c
+++ b/drivers/net/bonding/bond_3ad.c
@@ -1482,8 +1482,11 @@ static struct aggregator *ad_agg_selection_test(struct aggregator *best,
 
 static int agg_device_up(const struct aggregator *agg)
 {
-	return (netif_running(agg->slave->dev) &&
-		netif_carrier_ok(agg->slave->dev));
+	struct port *port = agg->lag_ports;
+	if (!port)
+		return 0;
+	return (netif_running(port->slave->dev) &&
+		netif_carrier_ok(port->slave->dev));
 }
 
 /**
-- 
Jiri Bohac <[email-masked]>
SUSE Labs, SUSE CZ