Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/3] ipv4: Fix packet size calculation for IPsec packets in __ip_append_data

From: Steffen Klassert <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2011 07:30:20 +0200

On Tue, Jun 07, 2011 at 07:06:57AM +0200, Eric Dumazet wrote:
> 
> Nick mail was :
> 
> http://www.spinics.net/lists/netdev/msg141308.html
> 

Thanks for providing these informations.

> Unfortunatly I could not find on my machines where I put my own
> scripts...
> 
> Not a big deal, I suspect we can revert my commit if you say it added a
> regression :)
> 

In between I can confirm that we get the slowpath problem back with my
patch, so we still have a bug somewhere. Reverting your commit would
be just a band aid. I think it is better to find the bug and do a real
fix instead. Unfortunatly I fear I'm not able to track it down before
my vacation that starts tomorrow. I'll continue to work at it once I'm
back...