Subject: RFT: virtio_net: limit xmit polling

From: "Michael S. Tsirkin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 13:27:00 +0300

OK, different people seem to test different trees.  In the hope to get
everyone on the same page, I created several variants of this patch so
they can be compared. Whoever's interested, please check out the
following, and tell me how these compare:

kernel:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mst/vhost.git

virtio-net-limit-xmit-polling/base - this is net-next baseline to test against
virtio-net-limit-xmit-polling/v0 - fixes checks on out of capacity
virtio-net-limit-xmit-polling/v1 - previous revision of the patch
		this does xmit,free,xmit,2*free,free
virtio-net-limit-xmit-polling/v2 - new revision of the patch
		this does free,xmit,2*free,free

There's also this on top:
virtio-net-limit-xmit-polling/v3 -> don't delay avail index update
I don't think it's important to test this one, yet

Userspace to use: event index work is not yet merged upstream
so the revision to use is still this:
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/mst/qemu-kvm.git
virtio-net-event-idx-v3

-- 
MST