Subject: [PATCH 3/5] bridge: notifier called with the wrong device

From: Stephen Hemminger <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 10:47:08 -0700

If a new device is added to a bridge, the ethernet address of the
bridge network device may change. When the address changes, the
appropriate callback is called, but with the wrong device argument.
The address of the bridge device (ie br0) changes not the address
of the device being passed to add_if (ie eth0).

Signed-off-by: Stephen Hemminger <[email-masked]>

---
Patch against net-next. Should go to stable.

--- a/net/bridge/br_if.c	2011-07-21 20:13:13.539989381 -0700
+++ b/net/bridge/br_if.c	2011-07-21 20:23:12.091989045 -0700
@@ -388,7 +388,7 @@ int br_add_if(struct net_bridge *br, str
 	br_ifinfo_notify(RTM_NEWLINK, p);
 
 	if (changed_addr)
-		call_netdevice_notifiers(NETDEV_CHANGEADDR, dev);
+		call_netdevice_notifiers(NETDEV_CHANGEADDR, br->dev);
 
 	dev_set_mtu(br->dev, br_min_mtu(br));