Subject: pull request: wireless-next-2.6 2011-07-22

From: "John W. Linville" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 18:23:09 -0400

Dave,

Here is the last big pull request of new wireless bits intended
for 3.1.  This includes the usual big batch of updates to iwlagn,
a number of updates to ath9k, mwifiex, carl9170, libertas, and other
drivers, and soem updates to mac80211 and cfg80211 from Johannes.
The most noteworth bits are most of the final push from Rafał for
supporting current Broadcom wireless hardware in b43.

Please let me know if there are problems!

Thanks,

John

---

The following changes since commit 415b3334a21aa67806c52d1acf4e72e14f7f402f:

  icmp: Fix regression in nexthop resolution during replies. (2011-07-22 06:22:10 -0700)

are available in the git repository at:
  ssh://master.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/linville/wireless-next-2.6.git for-davem

Amitkumar Karwar (3):
      mwifiex: put multicast/broadcast packets to the same RA
      mwifiex: check SDIO multi-port aggregation buffer room correctly
      mwifiex: disable auto deep sleep before unloading the driver

Andy Shevchenko (3):
      wireless: rtlwifi: throw away MAC_FMT and use %pM instead
      wireless: ath9k: use %pM to print MAC
      wireless: mwifiex: print hw address via %pM

Bing Zhao (1):
      MAINTAINERS: add entry for Marvell mwifiex wireless driver

Christian Lamparter (3):
      carl9170 firmware: update firmware headers
      carl9170: move beacon_update into tx.c
      carl9170: set beacon xmit power to the max

Daniel Drake (2):
      libertas: mesh: misc cleanup
      libertas: only enable mesh when interface is active

Eliad Peller (3):
      mac80211: reconfigure tx on device reconfiguration
      cfg80211: enter psm when working as p2p_cli
      mac80211: check sta_info_get() return value

Emmanuel Grumbach (21):
      iwlagn: move Tx datapath to transport layer
      iwlagn: move the tasklet / irq to the transport layer
      iwlagn: move sync_irq to transport layer
      iwlagn: move the Rx dispatching to the upper layer
      iwlagn: add comment to tx and get_tx_cmd in iwl_trans_ops
      iwlagn: move rx transport functions to iwl-trans-rx-pcie.c
      iwlagn: move tx transport functions to iwl-trans-tx-pcie.c
      iwlagn: move iwlagn_stop_device to transport layer
      iwlagn: move all the ICT related functions to iwl-trans-rx-pcie.c
      iwlagn: add tx start API to transport layer
      iwlagn: add kick_nic API to transport layer
      iwlagn: kill iwlagn_rx_handler_setup
      iwlagn: kill iwlagn_setup_deferred_work
      iwlagn: SCD configuration for AMPDU moves to transport layer
      iwlagn: move more functions from the start flow to the transport layer
      iwlagn: move iwl_prepare_card_hw to the transport layer
      iwlagn: transport layer receives struct iwl_trans*
      iwlagn: simplify the bus architecture
      iwlagn: iwl_bus holds drv_data as void * instead of iwl_priv
      iwlagn: add comment to warn about WoWLAN in resume / suspend flows
      iwlagn: probe would crash with DEBUG_SHIRQ

Felix Fietkau (2):
      ath9k: improve reliability of MIC error detection
      ath9k_hw: validate and fix broken eeprom chainmask settings

Fry, Donald H (1):
      iwlagn: remove indirection for iwlagn_hw_valid_rtc_data_addr

Hsu, Kenny (1):
      iwlagn: set default of uCode ownership to driver

Joe Perches (1):
      rtlwifi: Convert printks to pr_<level>

Johannes Berg (15):
      nl80211: advertise GTK rekey support, new triggers
      mac80211: allow driver access to TKIP RX P1K
      mac80211: let key iteration get keys in install order
      mac80211: be more careful in suspend/resume
      iwlagn: simplify TX flags assignments
      cfg80211: allow userspace to control supported rates in scan
      mac80211: implement scan supported rates
      mac80211: sync driver before TX
      cfg80211: fix scan crash on single-band cards
      iwlagn: remove keyinfo cache
      iwlagn: remove forgotten debugfs function
      iwlagn: rewrite HW crypto
      iwlagn: implement WoWLAN
      iwlagn: track beacon interval sent to device
      iwlagn: rename iwlagn_set_dynamic_key

John W. Linville (2):
      bcma: fix 'SSB_PCICORE_BFL_NOPCI' undeclared build breakage
      Merge branch 'master' of git://git.kernel.org/.../linville/wireless-next-2.6 into for-davem

Kalle Valo (1):
      ieee80211: add few wmm tspec values

Luciano Coelho (3):
      nl80211/cfg80211: add max_sched_scan_ssids in the hw description
      nl80211/cfg80211: add max_sched_scan_ie_len in the hw description
      MAINTAINERS: change maintainer of the wl1251 driver

Pavel Roskin (11):
      orinoco: minor fixes for problems found by checkpatch.pl
      carl9170: fix formatting issues found by checkpatch
      ath: use get_unaligned_le{16,32} in ath_hw_keysetmac()
      ath9k: use get_unaligned_{b16, le16, le32} where possible
      ath9k: remove defines in reg.h that exist in ../reg.h
      ath9k: use ath_opmode_to_string()
      ath5k: merge ath5k_hw and ath5k_softc
      carl9170: fix sparse warnings enabled by CONFIG_SPARSE_RCU_POINTER
      ath5k: merge ath5k_{init, deinit}_hw() with their thin wrappers
      ath5k: remove ath5k_hw_get_capability(), don't use VEOL on AR5210
      ath5k: use get_unaligned_le32() in ath5k_write_pwr_to_pdadc_table()

Rafał Miłecki (25):
      ssb: SPROM: add LED duty cycle fields
      bcma: cc: set GPIOTIMER register
      bcma: extract SPROM rev 9 the same way as rev 8
      b43: bus: drop inline from SSB functions
      b43: use agent R/W ops for BCMA_IOCTL
      b43: HT-PHY: switch to channel after enabling radio
      b43: HT-PHY: find channel entry with regs data
      b43: HT-PHY: fix typo in 0x2059 radio init
      bcma: handle alternative SPROM location
      bcma: define IO status register
      b43: bcma: define 80211 core specific IO status bits
      b43: bcma: read info about supported bands
      b43: HT-PHY: fix masks in radio ctl
      b43: correctly display longer chipsets ids
      bcma: move define of BCMA_CLKCTLST register
      bcma: trivial: add helpers for masking/setting
      bcma: allow setting FAST clockmode for a core
      bcma: allow enabling PLL
      b43: bcma: implement full core reset
      b43: disable parity check on BCMA devices
      ssb: return correct translation bit for 64-bit DMA
      bcma: inform drivers about translation bits needed for the core
      b43: bcma: get DMA translation bits
      b43: (un)initialize driver on the BCMA bus
      b43legacy: dma: cache translation (routing bits)

Rajkumar Manoharan (2):
      ath9k: Fix sparse warnings
      ath9k: Fix some smatch warnings

Wey-Yi Guy (13):
      iwlagn: remove un-necessary file
      iwlagn: remove dual-indirect call to simply the code
      iwlagn: another double indirect removed
      iwlagn: comments for iwl_cfg
      iwlagn: calibration bitmap
      iwlagn: set correct calibration flag
      iwlagn: remove legacy calibration command
      iwlagn: define valid init calibration mask
      iwlagn: radio sensor offset in le16 format
      iwlagn: testmode fixed rate available for testmode only
      iwlagn: remove un-necessary "_agn"
      iwlagn: write iq invert register for 105/135 device
      iwlagn: remove "disable otp refresh" W/A

Yogesh Ashok Powar (1):
      mwl8k: Fixing sta dereference when ieee80211_tx_info->control.sta is NULL

 MAINTAINERS                                        |   10 +-
 drivers/bcma/core.c                                |   72 ++
 drivers/bcma/driver_chipcommon.c                   |   14 +
 drivers/bcma/driver_pci.c                          |    2 +
 drivers/bcma/sprom.c                               |   14 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath5k/ahb.c               |   44 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath5k/ani.c               |   84 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath5k/ath5k.h             |  272 ++++-
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath5k/attach.c            |   31 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath5k/base.c              | 1138 ++++++++---------
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath5k/base.h              |  205 +---
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath5k/caps.c              |   45 -
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath5k/debug.c             |  218 ++--
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath5k/debug.h             |   21 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath5k/desc.c              |   10 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath5k/dma.c               |   12 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath5k/eeprom.c            |    4 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath5k/initvals.c          |    2 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath5k/led.c               |   68 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath5k/mac80211-ops.c      |  257 ++--
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath5k/pci.c               |   38 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath5k/pcu.c               |   24 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath5k/phy.c               |   41 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath5k/qcu.c               |    9 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath5k/reset.c             |   44 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath5k/rfkill.c            |   65 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath5k/sysfs.c             |   32 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath5k/trace.h             |   12 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/ar9003_eeprom.c     |   12 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/btcoex.c            |    8 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/debug.c             |   22 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/eeprom_4k.c         |   12 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/eeprom_9287.c       |   12 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/eeprom_def.c        |   12 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/hif_usb.c           |    9 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/htc_drv_debug.c     |    7 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/hw.c                |   22 +
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/init.c              |   25 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/recv.c              |   53 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/reg.h               |   23 -
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/xmit.c              |    4 +
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/carl9170/carl9170.h       |   10 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/carl9170/cmd.h            |    4 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/carl9170/debug.c          |    2 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/carl9170/fwdesc.h         |    3 +
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/carl9170/hw.h             |   41 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/carl9170/led.c            |    2 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/carl9170/mac.c            |  129 --
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/carl9170/main.c           |    2 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/carl9170/phy.c            |    6 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/carl9170/tx.c             |  290 ++++-
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/key.c                     |    7 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/b43/b43.h                     |    7 +
 drivers/net/wireless/b43/bus.c                     |   27 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/b43/dma.c                     |   27 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/b43/dma.h                     |    4 +
 drivers/net/wireless/b43/main.c                    |  106 ++-
 drivers/net/wireless/b43/phy_ht.c                  |   21 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/b43/phy_n.c                   |    4 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/b43/radio_2059.c              |    9 +
 drivers/net/wireless/b43legacy/b43legacy.h         |    2 +
 drivers/net/wireless/b43legacy/dma.c               |    7 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/Makefile              |    8 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-1000.c            |   11 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-2000.c            |   46 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-5000.c            |   22 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-6000.c            |   58 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-agn-calib.c       |   65 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-agn-hcmd.c        |  210 ----
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-agn-ict.c         |  306 -----
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-agn-lib.c         |  504 +-------
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-agn-rs.c          |    8 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-agn-rxon.c        |  115 ++-
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-agn-sta.c         |  380 +++----
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-agn-tx.c          |  411 +------
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-agn-ucode.c       |  179 +---
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-agn.c             | 1234 ++++++++++---------
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-agn.h             |   65 +-
 .../net/wireless/iwlwifi/{iwl-pci.h => iwl-bus.h}  |   70 +
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-commands.h        |  180 +++-
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-core.c            |   28 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-core.h            |   64 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-csr.h             |    1 +
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-debug.h           |   10 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-debugfs.c         |   87 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-dev.h             |  197 +--
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-eeprom.c          |   10 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-hcmd.c            |  271 ----
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-io.h              |    7 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-led.c             |    4 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-pci.c             |  101 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-power.c           |    8 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-prph.h            |   82 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-rx.c              |  212 +---
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-scan.c            |    8 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-sta.c             |    8 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-sta.h             |    5 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-sv-open.c         |   10 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-trans-int-pcie.h  |   82 ++
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-trans-rx-pcie.c   |  979 +++++++++++++++
 .../iwlwifi/{iwl-tx.c => iwl-trans-tx-pcie.c}      |  484 +++++++-
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-trans.c           |  643 +++++++++-
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-trans.h           |  154 ++-
 drivers/net/wireless/libertas/dev.h                |    2 -
 drivers/net/wireless/libertas/main.c               |    2 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/libertas/mesh.c               | 1320 +++++++++-----------
 drivers/net/wireless/libertas/mesh.h               |   31 -
 drivers/net/wireless/libertas/tx.c                 |    2 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/mwifiex/debugfs.c             |   33 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/mwifiex/ioctl.h               |    1 +
 drivers/net/wireless/mwifiex/main.h                |    1 +
 drivers/net/wireless/mwifiex/sdio.c                |    5 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/mwifiex/sta_ioctl.c           |   14 +
 drivers/net/wireless/mwifiex/wmm.c                 |    2 +
 drivers/net/wireless/mwl8k.c                       |    6 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/orinoco/airport.c             |    9 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/orinoco/cfg.c                 |    6 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/orinoco/fw.c                  |    7 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/orinoco/fw.h                  |    2 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/orinoco/hermes.c              |   40 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/orinoco/hermes.h              |   37 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/orinoco/hermes_dld.c          |    8 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/orinoco/hermes_dld.h          |   12 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/orinoco/hw.c                  |   48 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/orinoco/hw.h                  |    2 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/orinoco/main.c                |   46 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/orinoco/mic.c                 |    8 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/orinoco/orinoco.h             |   16 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/orinoco/orinoco_cs.c          |    6 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/orinoco/orinoco_nortel.c      |    3 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/orinoco/orinoco_pci.c         |    4 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/orinoco/orinoco_plx.c         |    6 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/orinoco/orinoco_tmd.c         |    2 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/orinoco/orinoco_usb.c         |   23 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/orinoco/spectrum_cs.c         |   10 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/orinoco/wext.c                |   14 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/rtlwifi/base.c                |   20 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/rtlwifi/cam.c                 |    8 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/rtlwifi/core.c                |    6 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/rtlwifi/debug.h               |    5 -
 drivers/net/wireless/rtlwifi/rtl8192c/fw_common.c  |    5 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/rtlwifi/rtl8192ce/hw.c        |    2 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/rtlwifi/rtl8192cu/hw.c        |   69 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/rtlwifi/rtl8192cu/mac.c       |   11 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/rtlwifi/rtl8192de/hw.c        |    2 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/rtlwifi/rtl8192de/sw.c        |    8 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/rtlwifi/rtl8192se/hw.c        |   12 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/rtlwifi/rtl8192se/phy.c       |    5 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/rtlwifi/rtl8192se/rf.c        |    4 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/rtlwifi/rtl8192se/sw.c        |    6 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/rtlwifi/usb.c                 |   12 +-
 drivers/ssb/main.c                                 |    5 +-
 include/linux/bcma/bcma.h                          |   21 +
 include/linux/bcma/bcma_driver_chipcommon.h        |   13 +-
 include/linux/bcma/bcma_regs.h                     |   27 +-
 include/linux/ieee80211.h                          |   37 +
 include/linux/nl80211.h                            |   33 +-
 include/linux/ssb/ssb.h                            |    2 +
 include/net/cfg80211.h                             |   33 +-
 include/net/mac80211.h                             |   60 +
 net/mac80211/agg-rx.c                              |   10 +-
 net/mac80211/cfg.c                                 |    4 +
 net/mac80211/driver-ops.h                          |   31 +
 net/mac80211/driver-trace.h                        |   43 +
 net/mac80211/ieee80211_i.h                         |    7 +-
 net/mac80211/key.c                                 |    2 +-
 net/mac80211/mlme.c                                |   30 +-
 net/mac80211/pm.c                                  |    3 +
 net/mac80211/scan.c                                |    6 +-
 net/mac80211/tkip.c                                |   11 +
 net/mac80211/util.c                                |   71 +-
 net/mac80211/work.c                                |   28 +-
 net/wireless/core.c                                |    7 +-
 net/wireless/core.h                                |    4 +
 net/wireless/nl80211.c                             |  109 ++-
 net/wireless/scan.c                                |    4 +
 net/wireless/util.c                                |   38 +
 177 files changed, 7327 insertions(+), 6261 deletions(-)
 delete mode 100644 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-agn-hcmd.c
 delete mode 100644 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-agn-ict.c
 rename drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/{iwl-pci.h => iwl-bus.h} (61%)
 delete mode 100644 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-hcmd.c
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-trans-int-pcie.h
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-trans-rx-pcie.c
 rename drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/{iwl-tx.c => iwl-trans-tx-pcie.c} (53%)

Omnibus patch is available here:

	http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/linville/wireless-next-2.6-2011-07-22.patch.bz2

-- 
John W. Linville		Someday the world will need a hero, and you
[email-masked]			might be all we have.  Be ready.