Subject: pull request: wireless-next 2011-09-19

From: "John W. Linville" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 16:36:39 -0400

David,

Here is another big batch of updates intended for 3.2 -- still
clearing-out the backlog...

This round includes lots of updates to ath9k, b43, iwlagn, and rt2x00.
Some cleanups go to mac80211, along with a number of mesh-mode fixes
from Javier.

Please let me know if there are problems!

Thanks,

John

---

The following changes since commit 765cf9976e937f1cfe9159bf4534967c8bf8eb6d:

  tcp: md5: remove one indirection level in tcp_md5sig_pool (2011-09-17 01:15:46 -0400)

are available in the git repository at:
  ssh://infradead/~/public_git/wireless-next.git for-davem

Andres Salomon (1):
      libertas: prioritize usb8388_olpc.bin firmware on OLPC machines

Arik Nemtsov (3):
      wl12xx: allow 11a AP-mode for wl127x devices
      mac80211: add flag to indicate HW only Tx-agg setup support
      mac80211: add ssid config to bss information in AP-mode

Bill Jordan (1):
      ath9k: ath9k_hw_set_txpowerlimit sets previous txpower

Christian Lamparter (1):
      minstrel_ht: fix Open BA session request floods

Dan Carpenter (3):
      mac80211: handle allocation failures in mesh_pathtbl_init()
      iwlwifi: fix double assign in iwl_start_tx_ba_trans_ready()
      iwlwifi: signedness bug in iwl_trans_pcie_tx_agg_alloc()

Eliad Peller (5):
      wl12xx: initialize rate_set on band rates initialization
      wl12xx: increase psm_entry_retries
      wl12xx: enter psm only after station role was started
      nl80211/cfg80211: add WIPHY_FLAG_AP_UAPSD flag
      nl80211/cfg80211/mac80211: fix wme docs

Emmanuel Grumbach (6):
      iwlagn: merge iwl_pci_down and iwl_pci_remove
      iwlagn: remove priv dereferences from the transport layer
      iwlagn: clean up of transport layer
      iwlagn: move traffic_log back to upper layer
      iwlagn: iwl-trans.c can't dereference iwl_priv any more
      iwlagn: fix compilation when debug flags is unset

Felix Fietkau (27):
      ath9k_hw: do not apply the 2.4 ghz ack timeout workaround to cts
      mac80211: retry sending failed BAR frames later instead of tearing down aggr
      ath9k_hw: drop an unused column in AR5008-AR9002 initvals
      ath9k_hw: fix the last register write for ar5416 addac
      ath9k: fix checks for first subframe delimiter padding
      mac80211: make ieee80211_send_bar available for drivers
      ath9k: eliminate common->{rx,tx}_chainmask
      ath9k: move a few functions around
      ath9k: always call ath_reset from workqueue context
      ath9k: merge reset related functions
      ath9k: implement .get_antenna and .set_antenna
      ath9k: fix enabling interrupts after a hardware error interrupt
      ath9k: make beacon timer initialization more reliable
      ath9k: ensure that rx is not enabled during a reset
      ath9k: remove ATH_TX_XRETRY and BUF_XRETRY flags
      ath9k: reduce the number of functions that access the tx descriptor
      ath9k: move ath_buf_set_rate to remove a forward declaration
      ath9k: call ath9k_hw_set_desc_link for beacon descriptors
      ath9k_hw: do not recalculate the descriptor checksum in ar9003_hw_fill_txdesc
      ath9k_hw: add a new API for setting tx descriptors
      ath9k: use the new API for setting tx descriptors
      ath9k_hw: remove the old tx descriptor API
      ath9k: optimize ath9k_ps_restore
      ath9k: remove a redundant check in ath_tx_form_aggr
      ath9k: optimize ath_tx_rc_status usage
      ath9k: do not insert padding into tx buffers on AR9380+
      mac80211: fix endian issues and comments for BAR failure handling

Guy Eilam (1):
      wl12xx: use 2 spare TX blocks for GEM cipher

Helmut Schaa (12):
      rt2x00: Minor optimizazion in txdone path
      rt2x00: Add LED_CFG register description
      rt2x00: Remove incorrect led blink
      rt2x00: Update some TX descriptor
      rt2x00: Avoid unnecessary uncached
      rt2x00: Move bssidx calculation into its own function
      rt2x00: Introduce sta_add/remove callbacks
      rt2x00: Add WCID to crypto struct
      rt2x00: Add WCID to HT TX descriptor
      rt2x00: Make use of sta_add/remove callbacks in rt2800
      rt2x00: Forbid aggregation for STAs not programmed into the hw
      rt2x00: Use the available helper functions to initialize the WCID table

Javier Cardona (12):
      mac80211: Defer tranmission of mesh path errors
      mac80211: Fix RCU pointer dereference in mesh_path_discard_frame()
      mac80211: Remove mesh paths when an interface is removed
      mac80211: Improve mpath state locking
      mac80211: Remove redundant mesh path expiration checks
      mac80211: Don't iterate twice over all mpaths when once in sufficient
      mac80211: Consolidate {mesh,mpp}_path_flush into one function
      mac80211: Consolidate mesh path duplicated functions
      mac80211: Stop forwarding mesh traffic when tx queues are full
      mac80211: Start implementing QoS support for mesh interfaces
      mac80211: Mesh data frames must have the QoS header
      mac80211: Mark all mesh stations as QoS capable

Joe Perches (3):
      mac80211: Remove unnecessary OOM logging messages
      rfkill: Remove unnecessary OOM logging messages
      wireless: Remove unnecessary OOM logging messages

Johannes Berg (2):
      mac80211: further optimise buffer expiry timer
      cfg80211: verify format of uAPSD information

John W. Linville (2):
      Merge branch 'for-linville' of git://github.com/lucacoelho/wl12xx
      Merge branch 'master' of ssh://infradead/~/public_git/wireless-next into for-davem

Kalle Valo (1):
      MAINTAINERS: update ath6kl

Luciano Coelho (4):
      wl12xx: add support for multiple SSIDs in sched_scan
      wl12xx: use SCAN_SSID_TYPE_PUBLIC when using the wildcard in sched_scan
      nl80211/cfg80211: add match filtering for sched_scan
      Merge branch 'wl12xx-next' into for-linville

Mohammed Shafi Shajakhan (2):
      ath9k: enable LED pin for AR946/8x chipsets
      ath9k: Fix PS wrappers and enabling LED

Pavel Roskin (1):
      cfg80211: print bandwidth in chan_reg_rule_print_dbg()

Rafał Miłecki (20):
      b43: LCN-PHY: add R/W ops for PHY and radio
      b43: LCN-PHY: implement more PHY ops before radio init
      b43: LCN-PHY: prepare functions for channel switching
      ssb: use u16 for storing board rev
      bcma: extract some basic info about board from SPROM
      b43: LCN-PHY: implement saving and restoring PHY & radio configuration
      b43: LCN-PHY: minor fixes
      b43: LCN-PHY: put tables functions in correct file
      b43: LCN-PHY: rewrite 0x7 table at the end of init
      b43: LCN-PHY: upload additional 0x7 table
      b43: LCN-PHY: rename functions, get rid of magic names
      b43: LCN-PHY: add conditions for few operations
      b43: N-PHY: implement enabling TX power control
      b43: drop Copyright for not really copyrightable info
      b43: add my copyrights and myself as the module author
      b43: LCN-PHY: load TX gain table on init
      b43: N-PHY: use helper for checking IPA
      b43: N-PHY: replace some hacks with nice tables ops
      b43: N-PHY: split workarounds into per-PHY-ver functions
      b43: N-PHY: implement few random missing ops

Rajkumar Manoharan (6):
      ath9k_hw: Fix rx latency of 11a mode
      mac80211: stop tx before doing hw config and rate update
      ath9k: Take the samples in unassociated state
      ath9k: Move cycle conters under cc_lock
      ath9k_hw: Fix magnitude/phase average in TxIQ Calibration
      ath9k_hw: Do full chip reset on 11A channels for AR9003

Randy Dunlap (1):
      wireless: fix kernel-doc warning in net/cfg80211.h

Senthil Balasubramanian (4):
      ath9k_hw: Add initvals and register definitions for AR946/8x chipsets.
      ath9k_hw: Split tx/rx gain table initval handling
      ath9k_hw: Add support for AR946/8x chipsets.
      ath9k_hw: move register definitions to header files

Shahar Levi (1):
      mac80211: Update device channel in case of HW channel switch supported

Sven Neumann (2):
      cfg80211: hold reg_mutex when updating regulatory
      cfg80211: reorder code to obsolete forward declaration

Thomas Pedersen (1):
      mac80211: check if mesh frame is in RMC after decrypt

Vivek Natarajan (1):
      cfg80211/nl80211: Indicate roaming feature capability to userspace.

Wey-Yi Guy (4):
      iwlagn: only perform necessary calibration at init time
      iwlagn: disply queue read/write pointer when stuck
      iwlagn: enable 11n support for "_d" sku
      iwlagn: remove lines from the wrong place

Yogesh Ashok Powar (2):
      mwl8k: Set hardware flag IEEE80211_HW_AP_LINK_PS
      mwifiex: replace kmalloc & memcpy sequence with kmemdup

zero.lin (1):
      rt2x00: Add new chipset support

 MAINTAINERS                                        |   14 +-
 drivers/bcma/sprom.c                               |    9 +
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath.h                     |    3 -
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/ar5008_initvals.h   |  131 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/ar9001_initvals.h   |  266 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/ar9002_hw.c         |   48 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/ar9002_initvals.h   | 3403 ++++++++++----------
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/ar9002_mac.c        |  257 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/ar9003_calib.c      |   17 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/ar9003_eeprom.c     |  117 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/ar9003_eeprom.h     |    3 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/ar9003_hw.c         |  581 +++-
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/ar9003_mac.c        |  331 +--
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/ar9003_paprd.c      |   15 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/ar9003_phy.c        |   10 +
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/ar9003_phy.h        |  100 +-
 .../net/wireless/ath/ath9k/ar9480_1p0_initvals.h   | 1833 +++++++++++
 .../net/wireless/ath/ath9k/ar9480_2p0_initvals.h   | 1928 +++++++++++
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/ath9k.h             |   14 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/beacon.c            |   56 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/debug.c             |   41 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/debug.h             |    6 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/gpio.c              |    2 +
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/htc_drv_init.c      |    7 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/htc_drv_main.c      |    3 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/hw-ops.h            |   58 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/hw.c                |  102 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/hw.h                |   28 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/init.c              |   42 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/mac.c               |   12 -
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/mac.h               |   42 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/main.c              |  535 ++--
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/pci.c               |    5 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/recv.c              |    7 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/reg.h               |   62 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/xmit.c              |  607 ++--
 drivers/net/wireless/b43/b43.h                     |    2 +
 drivers/net/wireless/b43/bus.c                     |    2 +
 drivers/net/wireless/b43/main.c                    |    3 +
 drivers/net/wireless/b43/phy_ht.c                  |    2 +
 drivers/net/wireless/b43/phy_lcn.c                 |  288 ++-
 drivers/net/wireless/b43/phy_n.c                   |  543 ++--
 drivers/net/wireless/b43/phy_n.h                   |    4 +
 drivers/net/wireless/b43/radio_2055.c              |    1 +
 drivers/net/wireless/b43/radio_2056.c              |    2 +
 drivers/net/wireless/b43/radio_2056.h              |   26 -
 drivers/net/wireless/b43/radio_2059.c              |    2 +
 drivers/net/wireless/b43/tables_nphy.c             |    1 +
 drivers/net/wireless/b43/tables_phy_ht.c           |    2 +
 drivers/net/wireless/b43/tables_phy_lcn.c          |  255 ++-
 drivers/net/wireless/b43/tables_phy_lcn.h          |    2 +
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-2000.c            |    1 +
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-agn-lib.c         |    2 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-agn-rxon.c        |    4 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-agn-tt.h          |    1 -
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-agn-tx.c          |    2 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-agn-ucode.c       |    5 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-agn.c             |   10 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-agn.h             |    2 -
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-commands.h        |    7 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-core.c            |   19 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-core.h            |   22 -
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-csr.h             |   18 +
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-debugfs.c         |   85 +
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-dev.h             |  202 +--
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-helpers.h         |   23 -
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-pci.c             |   18 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-rx.c              |   83 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-shared.h          |   52 +
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-sta.c             |    4 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-sv-open.c         |    1 +
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-trans-int-pcie.h  |  110 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-trans-rx-pcie.c   |   45 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-trans-tx-pcie.c   |  130 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-trans.c           |  402 +--
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-trans.h           |   66 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/libertas/if_usb.c             |   21 +
 drivers/net/wireless/mwifiex/join.c                |    3 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/mwifiex/scan.c                |    6 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/mwifiex/sta_ioctl.c           |    9 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/mwl8k.c                       |    8 +
 drivers/net/wireless/rt2x00/rt2800.h               |    3 +
 drivers/net/wireless/rt2x00/rt2800lib.c            |  191 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/rt2x00/rt2800lib.h            |    5 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/rt2x00/rt2800pci.c            |   15 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/rt2x00/rt2800usb.c            |    7 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/rt2x00/rt2x00.h               |   30 +
 drivers/net/wireless/rt2x00/rt2x00dev.c            |   21 +
 drivers/net/wireless/rt2x00/rt2x00mac.c            |   50 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/rt2x00/rt2x00queue.c          |    7 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/rt2x00/rt2x00queue.h          |    5 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/wl12xx/boot.c                 |    4 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/wl12xx/main.c                 |   50 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/wl12xx/scan.c                 |   66 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/wl12xx/tx.c                   |    8 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/wl12xx/tx.h                   |    1 +
 drivers/net/wireless/wl12xx/wl12xx.h               |    3 +
 include/linux/ieee80211.h                          |    2 +
 include/linux/nl80211.h                            |   57 +-
 include/linux/ssb/ssb.h                            |    2 +-
 include/net/cfg80211.h                             |   31 +
 include/net/mac80211.h                             |   29 +
 net/mac80211/agg-rx.c                              |   19 +-
 net/mac80211/agg-tx.c                              |   42 +-
 net/mac80211/cfg.c                                 |   21 +-
 net/mac80211/debugfs.c                             |    5 +
 net/mac80211/debugfs_netdev.c                      |    3 +
 net/mac80211/ht.c                                  |    6 +-
 net/mac80211/ieee80211_i.h                         |    3 +-
 net/mac80211/iface.c                               |    6 +
 net/mac80211/mesh.c                                |    8 +-
 net/mac80211/mesh.h                                |    6 +-
 net/mac80211/mesh_hwmp.c                           |   31 +-
 net/mac80211/mesh_pathtbl.c                        |  192 +-
 net/mac80211/mesh_plink.c                          |    2 +-
 net/mac80211/mlme.c                                |   36 +-
 net/mac80211/rc80211_minstrel_ht.c                 |    3 +-
 net/mac80211/rx.c                                  |   35 +-
 net/mac80211/spectmgmt.c                           |    6 +-
 net/mac80211/sta_info.c                            |   10 +-
 net/mac80211/sta_info.h                            |    5 +
 net/mac80211/status.c                              |   53 +-
 net/mac80211/tx.c                                  |   26 +-
 net/mac80211/util.c                                |   13 +-
 net/mac80211/wme.c                                 |   16 +-
 net/mac80211/wme.h                                 |    3 +-
 net/mac80211/work.c                                |    6 +-
 net/rfkill/rfkill-regulator.c                      |    1 -
 net/wireless/core.c                                |    2 +-
 net/wireless/core.h                                |    2 -
 net/wireless/lib80211_crypt_ccmp.c                 |    2 -
 net/wireless/lib80211_crypt_tkip.c                 |    4 -
 net/wireless/lib80211_crypt_wep.c                  |    4 -
 net/wireless/nl80211.c                             |   73 +-
 net/wireless/reg.c                                 |   33 +-
 net/wireless/reg.h                                 |    2 +
 net/wireless/util.c                                |    5 +-
 137 files changed, 9864 insertions(+), 4598 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/ar9480_1p0_initvals.h
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/ar9480_2p0_initvals.h

Omnibus patch is available here:

	http://bombadil.infradead.org/~linville/wireless-next-2011-09-19.patch.gz

-- 
John W. Linville		Someday the world will need a hero, and you
[email-masked]			might be all we have.  Be ready.