Subject: Re: [RFC PATCH 0/5] SUNRPC: "RPC pipefs per network namespace" preparations

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 08:32:42 -0400

On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 03:06:46PM +0400, Stanislav Kinsbursky wrote:
> Guys, please, spend some of your expensive time to review this patch-set briefly.

I'll try to take a look soon, but I'm travelling tomorrow through the
31st, and things will be a little hectic.

Just one quick comment:

> >The only problem about I'm not sure how to solve properly yet, is auth gss
> >pipes creations operations. Hoping for some help with it.

I suspect one reason it may be a little complicated is the
upcall-version switching.  The old version is deprecated, and there's no
need to support the combination of the old version with the a new
feature like containers.  And now that it's been there a while the
version-switching code already achieved its goal of avoiding a flag day.
So, one approach might be:

	- move all the code for the old gss upcall and for the version
	  switching under a new CONFIG_DEPRECATED_GSS, or similar.
	- print a warning if the old stuff is used, and plan to rip it
	  out completely in a future kernel version.
	- do something that works just in the !CONFIG_DEPRECATED_GSS
	  case.

Would that help?

--b.
--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-nfs" in
the body of a message to [email-masked]
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html