Subject: [patch 0/8 2.6.32] CVE-2010-4251: packet backlog can get too large

From: Dan Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2011 23:13:36 +0300

I'm still very new to this whole -stable business so please let me
know if I do somethig wrong.

This patch series is to address CVE-2010-4251 for the 2.6.32 stable
kernel.  Here is the CVE summary:

 "The socket implementation in net/core/sock.c in the Linux kernel
  before 2.6.34 does not properly manage a backlog of received
  packets, which allows remote attackers to cause a denial of service
  (memory consumption) by sending a large amount of network traffic,
  as demonstrated by netperf UDP tests."

[patch 1/8] introduces sk_add_backlog_limited()
[patch 2-7/8] change each network protocol to use sk_add_backlog_limited()
	where appropriate.
[patch 8/8] renames sk_add_backlog() to __sk_add_backlog() and
	sk_add_backlog_limited() to sk_add_backlog().

The patches mostly apply without changes.  The exception is:
[patch 2/8] udp: use limited socket backlog
Then the rename [patch 8/8] needed to be changed as well to match.

regards,
dan carpenter