Subject: Re: [patch net-next V8] net: introduce ethernet teaming device

From: Jiri Pirko <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 22:51:23 +0100

Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 07:40:52PM CET, [email-masked] wrote:
>On 11/12/2011 12:16 AM, Jiri Pirko wrote:
>>This patch introduces new network device called team. It supposes to be
>>very fast, simple, userspace-driven alternative to existing bonding
>>driver.
>
>What is the definition of "very" here - relative to bonding I
>presume? Are there actual performance figures available at this
>point?  Something along the lines of test through both on the same
>hardware.  I don't have HW on which to run myself but would be quite
>happy to help with say netperf command selection to demonstrate the
>difference between the two.

Rick, I will provide this.

But the simple fact how bond and team path differ suggests the results.

Stay tuned.

Jirka

>happy benchmrking,
>rick jones