Subject: Re: Unable to flush ICMP redirect routes in kernel 3.0+

From: Flavio Leitner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 13:37:24 -0200

On Thu, 17 Nov 2011 15:40:20 +0100
Eric Dumazet <[email-masked]> wrote:

> [PATCH] ping: dont increment ICMP_MIB_INERRORS
> 
> ping module incorrectly increments ICMP_MIB_INERRORS if feeded with a
> frame not belonging to its own sockets.
> 
> RFC 2011 states that ICMP_MIB_INERRORS should count "the number of
> ICMP messages which the entiry received but determined as having
> ICMP-specific errors (bad ICMP checksums, bad length, etc.)."
> 
> Signed-off-by: Eric Dumazet <[email-masked]>
> CC: Vasiliy Kulikov <[email-masked]>

Yeah, they aren't ICMP specific errors and the callers already
checked for checksum, lengths, and etc.. increasing that counter
when necessary.

Acked-by: Flavio Leitner <[email-masked]>