Subject: RE: [PATCH 1/1] PHY configuration for compatible issue

From: "Guo-Fu Tseng" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2011 12:19:44 +0800

On Fri, 18 Nov 2011 15:13:37 +0800, Aries Lee wrote
> Hi Guo-Fu and All
> 
> 	Because jme_phy_on() and jme_phy_off() just turn on/off the PHY, the
> value of extern register is still the power on default value, not the most
> robust value which we collect in the LAB.
Sure, I got it. That's the point of this patch isn't it? :p
+     /*  Turn PHY off */ 
+     bmcr = jme_mdio_read(jme->dev, jme->mii_if.phy_id, MII_BMCR); 
+     bmcr |= BMCR_PDOWN; 
+     jme_mdio_write(jme->dev, jme->mii_if.phy_id, MII_BMCR, bmcr); 
+     /*  Turn PHY on */ 
+     bmcr = jme_mdio_read(jme->dev, jme->mii_if.phy_id, MII_BMCR); 
+     bmcr &= ~BMCR_PDOWN; 
+     jme_mdio_write(jme->dev, jme->mii_if.phy_id, MII_BMCR, bmcr); 
But what I mean is this part of the code.

Guo-Fu Tseng