Subject: Re: pull request: wireless 2011-11-22

From: "John W. Linville" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 16:44:39 -0500

On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 03:30:33PM -0600, Larry Finger wrote:
> On 11/22/2011 03:13 PM, David Miller wrote:
> >From: David Miller<[email-masked]>
> >Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 16:05:11 -0500 (EST)

> >Everyone can just return IRQ_HANDLED and everything would just work.
> >
> >But you know that's not the case, and that it's important that this value
> >is returned accurately.
> 
> I was trying to find the thread that reported the improvement in
> performance with this change, but failed. Is it possible that their
> change just papered over an interrupt storm from some other device
> that shared that interrupt?

Original patch was posted here:

	http://marc.info/?l=linux-wireless&m=132143811916674&w=2

And the Red Hat Bugzilla entry is here:

	https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=658451

> I'm following this because the rtlwifi-family of drivers already did
> what was suggested here. If this is wrong, then so is it.

Sounds like that nees to be fixed...

John
-- 
John W. Linville		Someday the world will need a hero, and you
[email-masked]			might be all we have.  Be ready.