Subject: Re: BCM43224: 00:00:00:00:00:00 address (3.2.0-rc3-00099-g883381d)

From: Nico Schottelius <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2011 16:01:28 +0100

Hey Arend,

Arend van Spriel [Fri, Dec 02, 2011 at 12:27:12PM +0100]:
> Have you tried the brcmsmac driver?

I've been mislead: bcma was enabled and thus brcmsmac
not shown in menuconfig.

Upgrade the kernel to 3.2.0-rc4-00077-g5983fe2, fired
up wpa_supplicant. Result: wpa_cli can connect to wpa_supplicant,
but stops working after a few seconds:

wpa_state=ASSOCIATING
> 'PING' command timed out.
Connection to wpa_supplicant lost - trying to reconnect
Warning: Failed to attach to wpa_supplicant.
> 'PING' command timed out.
Connection to wpa_supplicant lost - trying to reconnect
Warning: Failed to attach to wpa_supplicant.
'PING' command timed out.
Connection to wpa_supplicant lost - trying to reconnect
Warning: Failed to attach to wpa_supplicant.
'PING' command timed out.
Connection to wpa_supplicant lost - trying to reconnect
Warning: Failed to attach to wpa_supplicant.

No network connectivity and network processes are hanging.
I.e. same behaviour as reported on 2011-10-18.

Is it possible the related patch as discussed
in "BUG: All network processes hang (brcmsmac/wpa_supplicant)"
has not been merged into 3.2.0-rc4-00077-g5983fe2?

And regarding b43: Wouldn't it be good to remove support for the
specific pci-ids from it so it does not create a non-functional
wlan0 device?

Cheers,

Nico

-- 
PGP key: 7ED9 F7D3 6B10 81D7 0EC5  5C09 D7DC C8E4 3187 7DF0