Subject: Re: [Announce] LARTC wiki available

From: Hagen Paul Pfeifer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 17:19:20 +0100

* Niccolò Belli | 2011-12-29 10:37:41 [+0100]:

>> What about
>>
>> http://www.linuxfoundation.org/collaborate/workgroups/networking/group
>
>I saw it, but I didn't like it because unregistered users cannot edit
>the wiki and even registered users need an invite. Also, it seems
>quite confusing, a traditional wiki is a better solution in my
>opinion.

Anybody knows that network stack lacks documentation - no doubt. Maybe a wiki
is an adequate concept (beside man pages and in Kernel docs). Everybody, not
restricted to kernel hackers, can edit documentation and add examples.

Maybe the netem wiki page at

http://www.linuxfoundation.org/collaborate/workgroups/networking/netem

is a good example for a good documented subsystem.

But I don't like the idea to outhouse the existing wiki. Why two wikis? What
happened with the wiki server if you leave the university? So maybe the user
restriction on linuxfoundation.org should be changed? I strongly suggest to
keep to documentation as tightly as possible to linuxfoundation (or
https://www.wiki.kernel.org/).

Hagen