Subject: [ANNOUNCE] libmnl 1.0.2 release

From: Pablo Neira Ayuso <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2012 19:55:36 +0100

Hi!

The Netfilter project presents libmnl-1.0.0

libmnl is a minimalistic user-space library oriented to Netlink
developers. There are a lot of common tasks in parsing, validating,
constructing of both the Netlink header and TLVs that are repetitive
and
easy to get wrong. This library aims to provide simple helpers that
allows you to re-use code and to avoid re-inventing the wheel.

This library is released under LGPLv2+.

Features:
* Small: the shared library requires around 45KB for an x86-based
* computer.
* Simple: this library avoids complexity and elaborated abstractions
that tend to hide Netlink details.
* Easy to use: the library simplifies the work for Netlink-wise
developers. It provides functions to make socket handling, message
building, validating, parsing and sequence tracking, easier.
* Easy to re-use: you can use the library to build your own
* abstraction
layer on top of this library.
* Decoupling: the interdependency of the main bricks that compose the
library is reduced, i.e. the library provides many helpers, but the
programmer is not forced to use them.

More info at:
http://www.netfilter.org/projects/libmnl/

Doxygen documentation at:
http://www.netfilter.org/projects/libmnl/doxygen/

You can download it via FTP at:
ftp://ftp.netfilter.org/pub/libmnl

Enjoy!