Subject: Re: [0/5] bcma/brcmsmac suspend/resume cleanups and fixes

From: Dominique Martinet <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2012 16:07:20 +0100

Hi,

Rafał Miłecki wrote on Sat, Jan 14, 2012 :
> 2012/1/14 Dominique Martinet <[email-masked]>:
> > By the way, resume/suspend works with your patches over linux-next.git
> > with a bcm4313 on a eeepc1215b!
> 
> Do you mean hibernate, AKA suspend to disk? I've Asus EEEPC 1215B with
> AMD E-450 and after
> echo disk > /sys/power/state
> it tries to hibernate, but resumes right after, before even stopping
> CPU or disabling backlight.

I was refering to suspend to ram, but it looks like hibernate works fine
as well with the same model (well, aside of the touchpad being unplugged
and the hard drive having been changed)
(FWIW, with MCE enabled, the computer hangs after an attempt to
synchronize SCSI cache and never gets out of hibernation nor powers off)

I'm attaching my working config file for reference. I use it on top of
http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/next/linux-next.git;a=commit;h=00c0c2419d5ea8e6c558e431cf03272cd18d9c02
(linux-next.git's head from yesterday) with the 5 patches from this
thread.

Also, if it resumes right after the suspend, doesn't dmesg say something
about it?

Regards,
-- 
Dominique Martinet | Asmadeus