Subject: pull request: wireless 2012-01-16

From: "John W. Linville" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 14:54:35 -0500

commit 543d1b92d5500841e70f15e79d197bbffed36561

Dave,

Here is a set of fixes for 3.3 that I let cook over the weekend...

Included is a fix for a signedness bug in ipw2x00 from Dan Carpenter, a
fix for an oops when ejecting a b43 card from Guennadi Liakhovetski
(with a minor modification by me as noted in the changelog), a mac80211
regresion fix from Johannes Berg for a bug related to station
management, and a final fix for the rt2800pci spurious interrupt issue
from Stanislaw Gruszka.

Please let me know if there are problems!

Thanks,

John

---

The following changes since commit 7c7c7f01cc5e3e423120a4848a73dd5e4586f2f9:

  vhost-net: add module alias (v2.1) (2012-01-13 10:12:23 -0800)

are available in the git repository at:
  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/linville/wireless.git for-davem

Dan Carpenter (1):
      ipw2x00: signedness bug handling frame length

Guennadi Liakhovetski (1):
      wireless: b43: fix Oops on card eject during transfer

Johannes Berg (1):
      mac80211: fix no-op authorized transitions

Stanislaw Gruszka (1):
      rt2800pci: fix spurious interrupts generation

 drivers/net/wireless/b43/main.c         |    5 ++++-
 drivers/net/wireless/ipw2x00/ipw2200.c  |    4 ++--
 drivers/net/wireless/rt2x00/rt2800pci.c |   28 ++++++++--------------------
 net/mac80211/cfg.c                      |    2 +-
 4 files changed, 15 insertions(+), 24 deletions(-)

diff --git a/drivers/net/wireless/b43/main.c b/drivers/net/wireless/b43/main.c
index 1c6f193..b91f28e 100644
--- a/drivers/net/wireless/b43/main.c
+++ b/drivers/net/wireless/b43/main.c
@@ -4852,6 +4852,9 @@ static void b43_op_stop(struct ieee80211_hw *hw)
 
 	cancel_work_sync(&(wl->beacon_update_trigger));
 
+	if (!dev)
+		goto out;
+
 	mutex_lock(&wl->mutex);
 	if (b43_status(dev) >= B43_STAT_STARTED) {
 		dev = b43_wireless_core_stop(dev);
@@ -4863,7 +4866,7 @@ static void b43_op_stop(struct ieee80211_hw *hw)
 
 out_unlock:
 	mutex_unlock(&wl->mutex);
-
+out:
 	cancel_work_sync(&(wl->txpower_adjust_work));
 }
 
diff --git a/drivers/net/wireless/ipw2x00/ipw2200.c b/drivers/net/wireless/ipw2x00/ipw2200.c
index 018a8de..4fcdac6 100644
--- a/drivers/net/wireless/ipw2x00/ipw2200.c
+++ b/drivers/net/wireless/ipw2x00/ipw2200.c
@@ -7848,7 +7848,7 @@ static void ipw_handle_data_packet_monitor(struct ipw_priv *priv,
 	 * more efficiently than we can parse it. ORDER MATTERS HERE */
 	struct ipw_rt_hdr *ipw_rt;
 
-	short len = le16_to_cpu(pkt->u.frame.length);
+	unsigned short len = le16_to_cpu(pkt->u.frame.length);
 
 	/* We received data from the HW, so stop the watchdog */
 	dev->trans_start = jiffies;
@@ -8023,7 +8023,7 @@ static void ipw_handle_promiscuous_rx(struct ipw_priv *priv,
 	s8 signal = frame->rssi_dbm - IPW_RSSI_TO_DBM;
 	s8 noise = (s8) le16_to_cpu(frame->noise);
 	u8 rate = frame->rate;
-	short len = le16_to_cpu(pkt->u.frame.length);
+	unsigned short len = le16_to_cpu(pkt->u.frame.length);
 	struct sk_buff *skb;
 	int hdr_only = 0;
 	u16 filter = priv->prom_priv->filter;
diff --git a/drivers/net/wireless/rt2x00/rt2800pci.c b/drivers/net/wireless/rt2x00/rt2800pci.c
index 4941a1a..dc88bae 100644
--- a/drivers/net/wireless/rt2x00/rt2800pci.c
+++ b/drivers/net/wireless/rt2x00/rt2800pci.c
@@ -422,7 +422,6 @@ static int rt2800pci_init_queues(struct rt2x00_dev *rt2x00dev)
 static void rt2800pci_toggle_irq(struct rt2x00_dev *rt2x00dev,
 				 enum dev_state state)
 {
-	int mask = (state == STATE_RADIO_IRQ_ON);
 	u32 reg;
 	unsigned long flags;
 
@@ -436,25 +435,14 @@ static void rt2800pci_toggle_irq(struct rt2x00_dev *rt2x00dev,
 	}
 
 	spin_lock_irqsave(&rt2x00dev->irqmask_lock, flags);
-	rt2x00pci_register_read(rt2x00dev, INT_MASK_CSR, &reg);
-	rt2x00_set_field32(&reg, INT_MASK_CSR_RXDELAYINT, 0);
-	rt2x00_set_field32(&reg, INT_MASK_CSR_TXDELAYINT, 0);
-	rt2x00_set_field32(&reg, INT_MASK_CSR_RX_DONE, mask);
-	rt2x00_set_field32(&reg, INT_MASK_CSR_AC0_DMA_DONE, 0);
-	rt2x00_set_field32(&reg, INT_MASK_CSR_AC1_DMA_DONE, 0);
-	rt2x00_set_field32(&reg, INT_MASK_CSR_AC2_DMA_DONE, 0);
-	rt2x00_set_field32(&reg, INT_MASK_CSR_AC3_DMA_DONE, 0);
-	rt2x00_set_field32(&reg, INT_MASK_CSR_HCCA_DMA_DONE, 0);
-	rt2x00_set_field32(&reg, INT_MASK_CSR_MGMT_DMA_DONE, 0);
-	rt2x00_set_field32(&reg, INT_MASK_CSR_MCU_COMMAND, 0);
-	rt2x00_set_field32(&reg, INT_MASK_CSR_RXTX_COHERENT, 0);
-	rt2x00_set_field32(&reg, INT_MASK_CSR_TBTT, mask);
-	rt2x00_set_field32(&reg, INT_MASK_CSR_PRE_TBTT, mask);
-	rt2x00_set_field32(&reg, INT_MASK_CSR_TX_FIFO_STATUS, mask);
-	rt2x00_set_field32(&reg, INT_MASK_CSR_AUTO_WAKEUP, mask);
-	rt2x00_set_field32(&reg, INT_MASK_CSR_GPTIMER, 0);
-	rt2x00_set_field32(&reg, INT_MASK_CSR_RX_COHERENT, 0);
-	rt2x00_set_field32(&reg, INT_MASK_CSR_TX_COHERENT, 0);
+	reg = 0;
+	if (state == STATE_RADIO_IRQ_ON) {
+		rt2x00_set_field32(&reg, INT_MASK_CSR_RX_DONE, 1);
+		rt2x00_set_field32(&reg, INT_MASK_CSR_TBTT, 1);
+		rt2x00_set_field32(&reg, INT_MASK_CSR_PRE_TBTT, 1);
+		rt2x00_set_field32(&reg, INT_MASK_CSR_TX_FIFO_STATUS, 1);
+		rt2x00_set_field32(&reg, INT_MASK_CSR_AUTO_WAKEUP, 1);
+	}
 	rt2x00pci_register_write(rt2x00dev, INT_MASK_CSR, reg);
 	spin_unlock_irqrestore(&rt2x00dev->irqmask_lock, flags);
 
diff --git a/net/mac80211/cfg.c b/net/mac80211/cfg.c
index e60df48..296620d 100644
--- a/net/mac80211/cfg.c
+++ b/net/mac80211/cfg.c
@@ -791,7 +791,7 @@ static int sta_apply_parameters(struct ieee80211_local *local,
 		if (set & BIT(NL80211_STA_FLAG_AUTHORIZED))
 			ret = sta_info_move_state_checked(sta,
 					IEEE80211_STA_AUTHORIZED);
-		else
+		else if (test_sta_flag(sta, WLAN_STA_AUTHORIZED))
 			ret = sta_info_move_state_checked(sta,
 					IEEE80211_STA_ASSOC);
 		if (ret)
-- 
John W. Linville		Someday the world will need a hero, and you
[email-masked]			might be all we have.  Be ready.