Subject: Re: ixgbe: Unsupported SFP+ modules on 10Gbit/s X520-DA2 NIC?

From: Jesse Brandeburg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 09:13:51 -0800

On Wed, 18 Jan 2012 03:30:58 -0800
Jesper Dangaard Brouer <[email-masked]> wrote:
> I just bought three 10Gbit/s X520-DA2 NICs (82599 based) for
> production usage, but I cannot get them to accept any of my 10Gbit/s
> SFP+ modules (4 different tried). According to the documentation I can
> find, the X520-DA2 NIC should support fiber optics SFP+ modules.
Hi Jesper, 

For X520 adapters, the documentation[1] states that which SFP+
adapters are/are not supported.  Direct attach cables are also
supported.

[1] http://www.intel.com/support/network/adapter/pro100/sb/CS-030612.htm

> The SFP+ modules does work in another 82599 based NIC in the same
> machine (engineering sample from PJ).

Sorry, can't help you with that one, those samples are different
hardware.
 
Jesse