Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/3] stmmac patches

From: Alessandro Rubini <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 21:47:10 +0100

>> The second patch is a cleanup, already acked by both authors.
> 
> I'm not applying this, instead if you want to make changes in this
> area then fix this driver so that it can properly support multiple
> device instances.

Ok, I'll do, but not soon.
 
> I can't even imagine ever writing a driver where from the start
> it can handle only one device instance, this is pure insanity
> especially for a PCI device driver.

I agree. But it _already_ is like this. I just want the fact to be
clear, so when somebody burns two macs in the fpga it will complain
instead of breaking.   That said, I have no problem if you still
refuse it.

> You're breaking things for anyone using 'stmmaceth='.  So I'm not
> applying this patch either.

Fine with me.

thanks
/alessandro