Subject: Re: Regression tracking

From: Florian Mickler <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 00:22:10 +0100

On Thu, 23 Feb 2012 18:05:32 -0500
Dave Jones <[email-masked]> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 11:52:13PM +0100, Florian Mickler wrote:
> 
>  > If you don't do that, I fear that I will annoy you from time to time
>  > with: "is this issue fixed already?" or "hey, what about that 4 month
>  > old regression? Is it already fixed?".
> 
> If you intend to do this, please add me to your "do not mail" list.
> 
> For people working at distributions acting as middle-man, this isn't
> helpful at all. And it's just not feasible for me to go dig out every
> thread I posted to just to reply with "fixed".
> 
> 	Dave
> 

You are not on my go-to-guy list since you do not maintain a kernel
subsystem and I don't expect you to keep track of anything. If you post
a link to a rh-bugzilla, I will of course check if that one is still
open or how it is closed. I'm not stupid, I just need some
silver linen threads to find how a regression is solved.

I.e. I don't want a "fixed". I want a "commit xyz fixed this"
or a "I can't reproduce the bug anymore". Either is fine.