Subject: Re: [Q/RFC] BPF use in broader scope

From: Jiri Pirko <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 10:31:49 +0200

Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 10:02:25AM CEST, [email-masked] wrote:
>On Thu, 2012-03-29 at 09:54 +0200, Jiri Pirko wrote:
>
>> Yep, I'm aware. I must admit that the JIT code scares me a litte :(
>> 
>
>If you add a new XOR instruction in interpreter only, JIT compiler will
>automatically aborts, so no risk.
>
>Each arch maintainer will add the support for the new instructions as
>separate patches.
>
>So you can focus on net/core/filter.c file only.
>

Ok - I can do this for 2). But for 3) JITs need to be modified. So I
would like to kindly ask you and Matt if you can do this modification so
bpf_func takes pointer to mem (scratch store) as second parameter. I'm
sure it's very easy for you to do.

Ccing Matt.

Thanks.