Subject: Re: [PATCH v17 01/15] Add PR_{GET,SET}_NO_NEW_PRIVS to prevent execve from granting privs

From: Andrew Morton <akpm-de/[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2012 12:55:17 -0700

On Thu, 29 Mar 2012 15:01:46 -0500
Will Drewry <[email-masked]> wrote:

> From: Andy Lutomirski <[email-masked]>
> 
> With this set, a lot of dangerous operations (chroot, unshare, etc)
> become a lot less dangerous because there is no possibility of
> subverting privileged binaries.

The changelog doesn't explain the semantics of the new syscall. 
There's a comment way-down-there which I guess suffices, if you hunt
for it.

And the changelog doesn't explain why this is being added.  Presumably
seccomp_filter wants/needs this feature but whowhatwherewhenwhy?  Spell
it all out, please.

The new syscall mode will be documented in the prctl manpage.  Please
cc [email-masked] and work with Michael on getting this
done?

> ...
--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-man" in
the body of a message to [email-masked]
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html