Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 2/2] cgroup: get rid of populate for memcg

From: Tejun Heo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2012 13:39:11 -0700

Hello, Glauber.

On Mon, Apr 09, 2012 at 05:18:52PM -0300, Glauber Costa wrote:
> After debugging this a bit, I found most of it not to be a problem.
> Unless I am *very* wrong (and I both read and tested stuff), mount
> operations do not recreate the root cgroup. So stuff like the hotcpu
> notifier, etc, won't be a problem.

Ooh, right, root css is created during subsys init.  Please note that
the kernel will panic on subsys init failure (hmm....).

> Now, you are definitely correct in pointing out that we start
> leaking stuff now - my bad.
> 
> But I guess I can then bundle it in a new submission, after
> shuffling around stuff a bit. It is really not a bug now, so no
> reason to route it separately.

Sure, just make it a separate patch.  As long as memcg ppl are fine
with it, I can route the patches together.

Thanks.

-- 
tejun