Subject: Re: pull request: batman-adv 2012-04-11

From: Antonio Quartulli <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 15:03:03 +0200

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 02:50:33 +0200, Antonio Quartulli wrote:
> Hello,
> 
> this is our new set of patches (actually there has been no modification from the
> last pull request issued on 2011-04-07) which is now based on top of the current
> net-next/master branch (commit id: 06eb4eafbdc0796d741d139a44f1253278da8611).
> 
> Let me know if there is something else wrong.

Sorry David,

I forgot to attach the "real" pull-request description. Here it is:

The following changes since commit 06eb4eafbdc0796d741d139a44f1253278da8611:

  Merge git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/net (2012-04-10 14:30:45 -0400)

are available in the git repository at:

  git://git.open-mesh.org/linux-merge.git tags/batman-adv-for-davem

for you to fetch changes up to 7a5cc24277b57ce38eb0afa6634b71d4d5cc671e:

  batman-adv: add bridge loop avoidance compile option (2012-04-11 14:29:00 +0200)

----------------------------------------------------------------
Included changes:
* add my name to the maintainers list of batman-adv
* some clean up fixes
* increases the default hop-penalty in order to encourage the routing protocol
  to choose shorter routes
* renew the bridge loop avoidance mechanism

The latter mechanism was already present in batman-adv but recently the concept
has been discussed again and here comes the new implementation. Moreover we
added a compile option in order to let expert people, which think that this
mechanism is not helpful at all, disable it and save some space.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Antonio Quartulli (3):
      MAINTAINERS: add additional maintainer for net/batman-adv
      batman-adv: clean up Kconfig
      batman-adv: use ETH_ALEN instead of hardcoded numeric constants

Marek Lindner (1):
      batman-adv: encourage batman to take shorter routes by changing the default hop penalty

Simon Wunderlich (10):
      batman-adv: remove old bridge loop avoidance code
      batman-adv: add basic bridge loop avoidance code
      batman-adv: make bridge loop avoidance switchable
      batman-adv: export claim tables through debugfs
      batman-adv: allow multiple entries in tt_global_entries
      batman-adv: don't let backbone gateways exchange tt entries
      batman-adv: add broadcast duplicate check
      batman-adv: drop STP over batman
      batman-adv: form groups in the bridge loop avoidance
      batman-adv: add bridge loop avoidance compile option

Sven Eckelmann (2):
      batman-adv: Replace bitarray operations with bitmap
      batman-adv: Remove declaration of only locally used functions

 Documentation/ABI/testing/sysfs-class-net-mesh |    9 +
 Documentation/networking/batman-adv.txt        |   19 +-
 MAINTAINERS                                    |    1 +
 net/batman-adv/Kconfig                         |   27 +-
 net/batman-adv/Makefile                        |    1 +
 net/batman-adv/bat_debugfs.c                   |   19 +-
 net/batman-adv/bat_iv_ogm.c                    |   15 +-
 net/batman-adv/bat_sysfs.c                     |    8 +-
 net/batman-adv/bitarray.c                      |  118 +-
 net/batman-adv/bitarray.h                      |   26 +-
 net/batman-adv/bridge_loop_avoidance.c         | 1583 ++++++++++++++++++++++++
 net/batman-adv/bridge_loop_avoidance.h         |   98 ++
 net/batman-adv/hard-interface.c                |   18 +-
 net/batman-adv/main.c                          |    9 +-
 net/batman-adv/main.h                          |   11 +-
 net/batman-adv/originator.c                    |    3 +-
 net/batman-adv/packet.h                        |   43 +-
 net/batman-adv/routing.c                       |   29 +-
 net/batman-adv/routing.h                       |    1 -
 net/batman-adv/soft-interface.c                |  498 +-------
 net/batman-adv/soft-interface.h                |    2 -
 net/batman-adv/translation-table.c             |  435 +++++--
 net/batman-adv/translation-table.h             |    8 -
 net/batman-adv/types.h                         |   77 +-
 24 files changed, 2263 insertions(+), 795 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 net/batman-adv/bridge_loop_avoidance.c
 create mode 100644 net/batman-adv/bridge_loop_avoidance.h