Subject: Re: [PATCH 00/17] Swap-over-NBD without deadlocking V10

From: Andrew Morton <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 14:29:32 -0700

On Fri, 11 May 2012 17:23:39 -0400 (EDT)
David Miller <[email-masked]> wrote:

> From: Mel Gorman <[email-masked]>
> Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 16:45:40 +0100
> 
> > From my point of view, the ideal would be that all the patches go
> > through akpm's tree or yours but that probably will cause merge
> > difficulties.
> > 
> > Any recommendations?
> 
> I know there will be networking side conflicts very soon, it's not a
> matter of 'if' but 'when'.
> 
> But the trick is that I bet the 'mm' and 'slab' folks are in a similar
> situation.
> 
> In any event I'm more than happy to take it all in my tree.

I guess either is OK.  The main thing is to get it all reviewed and
tested, after all.

I can take all the patches once it's all lined up and everyone is
happy.  If the net bits later take significant damage then I can squirt them
at you once the core MM bits are merged.  That would give you a few
days to check them over and get them into Linus.  If that's a problem,
we can hold the net bits over for a cycle.

That's all assuming that the core MM parts are mergeable without the
net parts being merged.  I trust that's the case!

--
To unsubscribe, send a message with 'unsubscribe linux-mm' in
the body to [email-masked].  For more info on Linux MM,
see: http://www.linux-mm.org/ .
Fight unfair telecom internet charges in Canada: sign http://stopthemeter.ca/
Don't email: <a href=mailto:"[email-masked]"> [email-masked] </a>