Subject: [ANNOUNCE] iptables 1.4.14 release

From: Pablo Neira Ayuso <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2012 20:15:22 +0200

Hi!

The Netfilter project proudly presents:

        iptables 1.4.14

This release several bugfixes and support for the new cttimeout
infrastructure. This allows you to attach specific timeout policies to
flow via iptables CT target.

The following example shows the usage of this new infrastructure in a
couple of steps:

1) Create a timeout policy with name `custom-tcp-policy1':

 nfct timeout add custom-tcp-policy1 inet tcp established 200

2) Attach it to traffic going from 1.1.1.1 to 2.2.2.2

iptables -I PREROUTING -t raw -s 1.1.1.1 -d 2.2.2.2 -p tcp \
        -j CT --timeout custom-tcp-policy1

The new nfct resides in the conntrack-tools tree. By now, this new
utility only supports the cttimeout. In the long run, the plan is to
replace the conntrack utility with it.

See ChangeLog that comes attached to this email for more details.

You can download it from:

http://www.netfilter.org/projects/conntrack-tools/downloads.html
ftp://ftp.netfilter.org/pub/conntrack-tools/

Have fun!