Subject: Re: [PATCH] netdev: mv643xx_eth: Prevent build on PPC32

From: Andrew Lunn <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2012 07:29:10 +0200

> The proper fix, from my minimal looking, was one of:
> 
> 1) revert the change for ARM that introduced th clk stuff
> 2) do a similar change as the original commit but with a bunch of
> #ifdef-ery
> 3) implement the clkdev API stuff for 32-bit ppc
> 
> Honestly, I'd go for either 1 or 2.  The commit that introduced it was
> broken to begin with, but that isn't my call.

I broke it. Sorry.

At the time, there was a push to remove all the #ifdefs. The following
patchset was doing this:

https://lkml.org/lkml/2012/4/21/94

it would provide dummy implementations for those systems without clk
support. However, it seems that patch set never made it in, and i did
not declare my dependency on it.

I'm happy to add #ifdef. However, i would first like to understand
what was 'broken to begin with'.

     Thanks
	Andrew