Subject: re: net: qmi_wwan: bind to both control and data interface

From: Dan Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 17:25:34 +0300

Hello Bjørn Mork,

The patch 230718bda1be: "net: qmi_wwan: bind to both control and data 
interface" from Jun 19, 2012, leads to the following Smatch warning:
drivers/net/usb/qmi_wwan.c:206 qmi_wwan_bind()
	 error: potential NULL dereference 'cdc_union'.

drivers/net/usb/qmi_wwan.c
   205          /* verify CDC Union */
   206          if (desc->bInterfaceNumber != cdc_union->bMasterInterface0) {
                                              ^^^^^^^^^

cdc_union is only non-NULL for USB_CDC_UNION_TYPE.  We used to check for
NULL here but your patch removes the check.  I just want to verify that
that was intended.

   207                  dev_err(&intf->dev, "bogus CDC Union: master=%u\n", cdc_union->bMasterInterface0);
   208                  goto err;
   209          }
   210  

regards,
dan carpenter