Subject: pull request: wireless-next 2012-07-11

From: "John W. Linville" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 14:17:22 -0400

commit c3e7be41a27f507047d40a31462a5ea6d7f52f10

Dave,

Here is another batch of updates intended for 3.6.

Several drivers see updates: mwifiex, ath9k, iwlwifi, and a handful
of others.  The bcma bus got a lot of attention from Hauke Mehrtens.
The cfg80211 component gets a flurry of patches for multi-channel
support, and the mac80211 component gets the first few VHT (11ac)
and 60GHz (11ad) patches.

Additionally, the NFC subsystem gets a series of updates.  According to
Samuel, "Here are the interesting bits:

- A better error management for the HCI stack.
- An LLCP "late" binding implementation for a better NFC SAP usage. SAPs are
  now reserved only when there's a client for it.
- Support for Sony RC-S360 (a.k.a. PaSoRi) pn533 based dongle. We can read and
  write NFC tags and also establish a p2p link with this dongle now.
- A few LLCP fixes."

Finally, this includes another pull of the fixes from the wireless
tree in order to resolve some merge issues.

Please let me know if there problems!

Thanks,

John

---

The following changes since commit 061a5c316b6526dbc729049a16243ec27937cc31:

  Merge branch 'davem-next.r8169' of git://violet.fr.zoreil.com/romieu/linux (2012-07-09 16:09:47 -0700)

are available in the git repository at:

  git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/linville/wireless-next.git for-davem

for you to fetch changes up to c3e7be41a27f507047d40a31462a5ea6d7f52f10:

  Merge branch 'master' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/linville/wireless-next into for-davem (2012-07-10 12:29:56 -0400)

----------------------------------------------------------------

Amitkumar Karwar (1):
      mwifiex: add set_antenna handler support

Arend van Spriel (1):
      brcmsmac: fix brcms_c_regd_init() which crashed after 11ad patch

Avinash Patil (6):
      mwifiex: pass cfg80211_beacon_data to mwifiex_set_mgmt_ie()
      mwifiex: separate IE parsing for Head/Tail IEs and beacon_ies etc
      mwifiex: overwrite earlier IE buffers for new set IE request
      mwifiex: add change_beacon cfg80211 handler
      mwifiex: advertise WPS probe response offload support to cfg80211
      mwifiex: parse WPS IEs from beacon_data

Bing Zhao (1):
      mwifiex: fix Coverity SCAN CID 709078: Resource leak (RESOURCE_LEAK)

Eliad Peller (5):
      mac80211: flush queues before deauth/disassoc
      mac80211: don't require associated->beacon_ies for ps
      mac80211: allow calling ieee80211_ap_probereq_get() during auth/assoc
      mac80211: always set in_reconfig=false on wakeup
      mac80211: destroy assoc_data correctly if assoc fails

Emmanuel Grumbach (3):
      iwlwifi: configure the queues from the op_mode
      iwlwifi: disable the watchdog for queues by default
      iwlegacy: don't mess up the SCD when removing a key

Eric Lapuyade (15):
      NFC: Prepare asynchronous error management for driver and shdlc
      NFC: Removed addressed shdlc TODOs
      NFC: Handle SHDLC RSET frames from an SHDLC connected chip
      NFC: Remove an impossible HCI error case
      NFC: Implement HCP reaggregation allocation error case
      NFC: Changed HCI cmd execution completion result to std linux errno
      NFC: Driver failure API
      NFC: Factorize HCI cmd completion
      NFC: Implement HCI driver or internal error management
      NFC: Core must test the device polling state inside the device lock
      NFC: nfc_targets_found() should accept zero target found
      NFC: nfc_driver_failure() implementation
      NFC: Error management documentation
      NFC: update PN544 HCI driver state when opened/closed
      NFC: Allow HCI driver to pre-open pipes to some gates

Gabor Juhos (20):
      ath9k: define DEVID for QCA955x
      ath9k: define MAC version for AR9550
      ath9k: set MAC version for AR9550
      ath9k: add platform_device_id for AR9550
      ath9k: add BB name string for AR9550
      ath9k: clear pciexpress flag for AR9550
      ath9k: enable TX/RX data byte swap for AR9550
      ath9k: add initvals for AR9550
      ath9k: add mode register initialization code for AR9550
      ath9k: read spur frequency information from eeprom for AR9550
      ath9k: fix XPABIASLEVEL settings for AR9550
      ath9k: fix antenna control configuration for AR9550
      ath9k: fix PAPRD settings for AR9550
      ath9k: fix RF channel frequency configuration for AR9550
      ath9k: disable SYNC_HOST1_FATAL interrupts for AR9550
      ath9k: skip internal regulator configuration for AR9550
      ath9k: fix PLL initialization for AR9550
      ath9k: enable PLL workaround for AR9550
      ath9k: set 4ADDRESS bit in RX filter for AR9550
      ath9k: enable support for AR9550

Hauke Mehrtens (9):
      bcma: extend workaround for bcm4331
      bcma: add constants for chip ids
      bcma: remove fix for 4329b0 bad LPOM is detection
      bcma: add PCI ID for BCM43224
      bcma: complete workaround for BCMA43224 and BCM4313
      bcma: remove bcma_pmu_{pll,swreg}_init()
      bcma: remove chip ids doing nothing from PMU initialization.
      bcma: add bcma_pmu_spuravoid_pllupdate()
      bcma: add mdelay bcma_pmu_resources_init()

Johannes Berg (17):
      iwlwifi: bump trace message limit
      iwlwifi: use __get_str in tracing
      iwlwifi: limit dwell time more strictly
      mac80211: make __ieee80211_recalc_idle static
      cfg80211: don't allow WoWLAN support without CONFIG_PM
      mac80211: don't expose ieee80211_add_srates_ie()
      Merge remote-tracking branch 'wireless-next/master' into mac80211-next
      iwlwifi: add trailing newline to some messages
      iwlwifi: fix debug message level
      mac80211: remove tx_frags driver callback
      mac80211_hwsim: fix NUM_BANDS usage
      mac80211: add TX prepare API
      iwlwifi: remove unneeded NULL check
      cfg80211: fix locking regression in monitor channel tracking
      mac80211: fix debugfs default key links
      mac80211: fix crash with single-queue drivers
      mac80211_hwsim: add testmode code to stop/wake queues

John W. Linville (4):
      Merge branch 'master' of git://git.kernel.org/.../linville/wireless
      Merge branch 'for-john' of git://git.sipsolutions.net/mac80211-next
      Merge branch 'for-john' of git://git.kernel.org/.../iwlwifi/iwlwifi-next
      Merge branch 'master' of git://git.kernel.org/.../linville/wireless-next into for-davem

Mahesh Palivela (3):
      wireless: add VHT (802.11ac) definitions
      cfg80211: allow advertising VHT capabilities
      mac80211: include VHT capability IE in probe requests

Michal Kazior (13):
      cfg80211: introduce cfg80211_stop_ap
      cfg80211: .stop_ap when interface is going down
      cfg80211: add channel tracking for AP and mesh
      cfg80211: track ibss fixed channel
      cfg80211: introduce cfg80211_get_chan_state
      cfg80211: track monitor interfaces count
      mac80211: refactor virtual monitor code
      cfg80211: refuse to .set_monitor_channel when non-monitors are present
      cfg80211: track monitor channel
      cfg80211: set initial monitor channel
      cfg80211/mac80211: remove .get_channel
      cfg80211: add channel checking for iface combinations
      cfg80211: respect iface combinations when starting operation

Mohammed Shafi Shajakhan (3):
      ath9k: Fix clearing of BTCOEX flags
      ath9k: Fix MCI cleanup
      ath9k: Stop the BTCOEX timers before disabling BTCOEX

Oskar Schirmer (1):
      net/wireless: remove macro defined twice with same value

Rafał Miłecki (2):
      b43: N-PHY: fix RSSI calibration
      bcma: use custom printing functions

Rajkumar Manoharan (5):
      ath9k_hw: start noisefloor calibration after MCI reset
      ath9k_hw: do not load noise floor readings when it is running
      ath9k: fix fullsleep power consumption when BTCOEX is enabled
      ath9k: fix power consumption on network sleep when BTCOEX is enabled
      ath9k_hw: fix AR9462 2g5g switch on full reset

Richard A. Griffiths (1):
      iwlwifi: disallow log_event access if interface down

Samuel Ortiz (18):
      NFC: Add modules alias for NFC sockets
      NFC: Add netlink module alias for NFC
      NFC: Update LLCP socket target index when getting a connection
      NFC: Fix LLCP getname socket op
      NFC: Build LLCP general bytes upon request
      NFC: Close listening LLCP sockets when the device is gone
      NFC: Release LLCP SAP when the owner is released
      NFC: Forbid LLCP service name reusing
      NFC: Forbid SSAP binding to a not well known LLCP service
      NFC: LLCP late binding
      NFC: Handle LLCP Disconnected Mode frames
      NFC: Remove warning from nfc_llcp_local_put
      NFC: Do not return EBUSY when stopping a poll that's already stopped
      NFC: Dereference LLCP bind socket address after checking for it to be NULL
      NFC: Add initial Sony RC-S360 support to pn533
      NFC: Use communicate thru only for PaSoRi when trying to read Felica tags
      NFC: Add ISO 14443 type B protocol
      NFC: Check for llcp_sock and its device from llcp_sock_getname

Sasha Levin (1):
      NFC: Prevent NULL deref when getting socket name

Stanislaw Gruszka (2):
      rt2x00usb: fix indexes ordering on RX queue kick
      iwlegacy: always monitor for stuck queues

Thomas Huehn (3):
      mac80211: reduce IEEE80211_TX_MAX_RATES
      mac80211: correct size the argument to kzalloc in minstrel_ht
      ath9k: fixing register bit shift values of control packets to support TPC

Vladimir Kondratiev (5):
      cfg80211: add 802.11ad (60gHz band) support
      wireless: regulatory for 60g
      wireless: 60g protocol constants
      {nl,cfg}80211: support high bitrates
      cfg80211: bitrate calculation for 60g

 Documentation/nfc/nfc-hci.txt                      |   33 +
 drivers/bcma/bcma_private.h                        |    9 +
 drivers/bcma/core.c                                |   10 +-
 drivers/bcma/driver_chipcommon.c                   |    5 +-
 drivers/bcma/driver_chipcommon_pmu.c               |  331 +++--
 drivers/bcma/driver_mips.c                         |   24 +-
 drivers/bcma/driver_pci_host.c                     |   18 +-
 drivers/bcma/host_pci.c                            |    5 +-
 drivers/bcma/main.c                                |   19 +-
 drivers/bcma/scan.c                                |   24 +-
 drivers/bcma/sprom.c                               |   26 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath6kl/cfg80211.c         |    2 +
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/ahb.c               |    4 +
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/ar9003_calib.c      |   13 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/ar9003_eeprom.c     |    7 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/ar9003_hw.c         |   87 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/ar9003_mci.c        |   18 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/ar9003_paprd.c      |    2 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/ar9003_phy.c        |   72 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/ar9003_phy.h        |    6 +-
 .../net/wireless/ath/ath9k/ar955x_1p0_initvals.h   | 1284 ++++++++++++++++++++
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/ath9k.h             |    4 +
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/gpio.c              |   25 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/hw.c                |   46 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/hw.h                |    2 +
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/mac.c               |    2 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/mac.h               |    1 +
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/main.c              |   16 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/mci.c               |    2 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/recv.c              |    3 +
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/reg.h               |   10 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/ath/carl9170/tx.c             |    6 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/b43/phy_n.c                   |   17 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/brcm80211/brcmsmac/channel.c  |   17 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlegacy/3945-rs.c            |    2 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlegacy/4965-mac.c           |    4 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlegacy/common.c             |   14 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/dvm/commands.h        |   40 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/dvm/debugfs.c         |    6 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/dvm/dev.h             |   16 -
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/dvm/main.c            |   56 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/dvm/scan.c            |   37 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/dvm/ucode.c           |   37 +
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-debug.c           |    5 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-devtrace.h        |    4 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-drv.c             |    1 +
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/iwl-trans.h           |   27 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/pcie/internal.h       |    3 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/pcie/rx.c             |    3 -
 drivers/net/wireless/iwlwifi/pcie/trans.c          |   36 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/libertas/host.h               |    1 -
 drivers/net/wireless/mac80211_hwsim.c              |   12 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/mwifiex/cfg80211.c            |   77 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/mwifiex/fw.h                  |   21 +
 drivers/net/wireless/mwifiex/ie.c                  |  185 +--
 drivers/net/wireless/mwifiex/ioctl.h               |    5 +
 drivers/net/wireless/mwifiex/main.h                |    2 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/mwifiex/sta_cmd.c             |   37 +
 drivers/net/wireless/mwifiex/sta_cmdresp.c         |   30 +
 drivers/net/wireless/p54/txrx.c                    |    6 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/rt2x00/rt2x00usb.c            |    2 +-
 drivers/net/wireless/ti/wlcore/main.c              |    2 +
 drivers/nfc/nfcwilink.c                            |    7 +-
 drivers/nfc/pn533.c                                |  224 +++-
 drivers/nfc/pn544_hci.c                            |   37 +-
 include/linux/bcma/bcma.h                          |   30 +
 include/linux/bcma/bcma_driver_chipcommon.h        |   23 +
 include/linux/ieee80211.h                          |  160 ++-
 include/linux/nfc.h                                |   14 +-
 include/linux/nl80211.h                            |   17 +
 include/net/cfg80211.h                             |   40 +-
 include/net/mac80211.h                             |   44 +-
 include/net/nfc/hci.h                              |   19 +-
 include/net/nfc/nfc.h                              |    2 +
 net/mac80211/cfg.c                                 |   24 +-
 net/mac80211/debugfs_key.c                         |   16 +-
 net/mac80211/driver-ops.h                          |   22 +-
 net/mac80211/ieee80211_i.h                         |   11 +-
 net/mac80211/iface.c                               |  258 ++--
 net/mac80211/main.c                                |   17 +-
 net/mac80211/mesh_plink.c                          |    4 +-
 net/mac80211/mlme.c                                |   34 +-
 net/mac80211/rc80211_minstrel_ht.c                 |    2 +-
 net/mac80211/trace.h                               |    7 +
 net/mac80211/tx.c                                  |   16 +-
 net/mac80211/util.c                                |   49 +-
 net/nfc/core.c                                     |   38 +-
 net/nfc/hci/command.c                              |   26 +-
 net/nfc/hci/core.c                                 |  104 +-
 net/nfc/hci/hci.h                                  |   12 +-
 net/nfc/hci/shdlc.c                                |   38 +-
 net/nfc/llcp/llcp.c                                |  342 ++++--
 net/nfc/llcp/llcp.h                                |    5 +
 net/nfc/llcp/sock.c                                |   33 +-
 net/nfc/nci/core.c                                 |    5 +-
 net/nfc/nci/ntf.c                                  |    5 +-
 net/nfc/netlink.c                                  |    9 +
 net/wireless/Makefile                              |    2 +-
 net/wireless/ap.c                                  |   46 +
 net/wireless/chan.c                                |   62 +-
 net/wireless/core.c                                |   84 +-
 net/wireless/core.h                                |   64 +-
 net/wireless/ibss.c                                |   11 +
 net/wireless/mesh.c                                |   30 +-
 net/wireless/mlme.c                                |   17 +
 net/wireless/nl80211.c                             |   65 +-
 net/wireless/reg.c                                 |    5 +-
 net/wireless/util.c                                |  156 ++-
 net/wireless/wext-compat.c                         |    9 +-
 109 files changed, 4013 insertions(+), 1053 deletions(-)
 create mode 100644 drivers/net/wireless/ath/ath9k/ar955x_1p0_initvals.h
 create mode 100644 net/wireless/ap.c
-- 
John W. Linville		Someday the world will need a hero, and you
[email-masked]			might be all we have.  Be ready.