Subject: wireless.git frozen -- Re: That's pretty much it for 3.5.0

From: "John W. Linville" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 15:30:33 -0400

On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 09:01:42AM -0700, David Miller wrote:
> 
> Linus was _extremely_ generous and took in all the stuff that was
> pending in the net tree just now.
> 
> Besides very serious issues, I'm not willing to consider any more bug
> fixes for the 'net' tree at this time.
> 
> Only one pending known bug qualifies, and that's the CIPSO ip option
> processing OOPS'er.  And I'll work on that myself if Paul Moore
> doesn't show a sign of life in the next day.
> 
> Thanks.

Now only fixes for truly "show stopper" bugs will be accepted for
the 3.5 stream.  I don't believe that any of the handful of fixes
currently in wireless.git (but not yet in net.git) are sufficiently
important to make the cut.

I will pull the current wireless.git tree into the wireless-next.git
tree, and then wireless.git will remain frozen until 3.6-rc1 is
released.  If you have a wireless fix that you believe is sufficiently
important to merit being in 3.5, then please post it to the netdev
list (and Cc: [email-masked] when you do so).

Thanks,

John
-- 
John W. Linville		Someday the world will need a hero, and you
[email-masked]			might be all we have.  Be ready.
--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-wireless" in
the body of a message to [email-masked]
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html