Subject: Re: [PATCH 01/16] hashtable: introduce a small and naive hashtable

From: Tejun Heo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 17:28:34 -0700

Hello,

(Sasha, would it be possible to change your MUA so that it breaks long
 lines.  It's pretty difficult to reply to.)

On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 02:24:49AM +0200, Sasha Levin wrote:
> The hashtable uses hlist. hlist provides us with an entire family of
> init functions which I'm supposed to use to initialize hlist heads.
> 
> So while a memset(0) will work perfectly here, I consider that
> cheating - it results in an uglier code that assumes to know about
> hlist internals, and will probably break as soon as someone tries to
> do something to hlist.

I think we should stick with INIT_HLIST_HEAD().  It's not a hot path
and we might add, say, debug fields or initialization magics added
later.  If this really matters, the right thing to do would be adding
something like INIT_HLIST_HEAD_ARRAY().

Thanks.

-- 
tejun

--
To unsubscribe, send a message with 'unsubscribe linux-mm' in
the body to [email-masked].  For more info on Linux MM,
see: http://www.linux-mm.org/ .
Don't email: <a href=mailto:"[email-masked]"> [email-masked] </a>