Subject: [RFC PATCH 0/5] net: socket bind to file descriptor introduced

From: Stanislav Kinsbursky <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 20:21:56 +0400

This patch set introduces new socket operation and new system call:
sys_fbind(), which allows to bind socket to opened file.
File to bind to can be created by sys_mknod(S_IFSOCK) and opened by
open(O_PATH).

This system call is especially required for UNIX sockets, which has name
lenght limitation.

The following series implements...

---

Stanislav Kinsbursky (5):
      net: cleanup unix_bind() a little
      net: split unix_bind()
      net: new protocol operation fbind() introduced
      net: fbind() for unix sockets protocol operations introduced
      syscall: sys_fbind() introduced

 arch/x86/syscalls/syscall_32.tbl |    1 
 arch/x86/syscalls/syscall_64.tbl |    1 
 include/linux/net.h              |    2 +
 include/linux/syscalls.h         |    1 
 kernel/sys_ni.c                  |    3 +
 net/socket.c                     |   25 +++++++
 net/unix/af_unix.c               |  136 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++--------
 7 files changed, 140 insertions(+), 29 deletions(-)