Subject: Re: [PATCH] tc-tbf.8: Add parameter range to man page.

From: Stephen Hemminger <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 10:58:03 -0700

> 
> Not very clear with "the generic documentation about qdisc parameters
> which already exists on 'tc-qdisc' man page", is there a separate man page
> that describe qdisc parameters?
> 
> I'm reading the iproute2 and kernel code which related to TC and record the
> value range for each parameter, I think that would be helpful for somebody
> else.
> 

Rather than putting range on each parameter on every sub-page of tc man
page. Why not put something in tc.8 under UNITS.

The following implies everything is floating-point which it isn't:

UNITS
       All parameters accept a floating point number, possibly followed  by  a
       unit.

I would like this section broken down to cover all the generic types
  PARAMETERS
     RATES
     TIMES
     SIZES
     VALUES

Also needs to explain IEC units here.