Subject: Re: [PATCH v3 7/8] cgroup: Assign subsystem IDs during compile time

From: Tejun Heo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 14:04:35 -0700

Hello, Daniel.

One more thing.

On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 06:26:13PM +0200, Daniel Wagner wrote:
> From: Daniel Wagner <[email-masked]>
> 
> WARNING: With this change it is not possible to load external built
> controllers anymore.
> 
> In case where CONFIG_NETPRIO_CGROUP=m and CONFIG_NET_CLS_CGROUP=m is
> set, the type of the corresponding subsys_id should also be of type
> enum. Up to now, net_prio_subsys_id and net_cls_subsys_id would be an
> int in this configuration.
> 
> With switching the macro definition IS_SUBSYS_ENABLED from IS_BUILTIN
> to IS_ENABLED, the subsys_id will always be enum for all
> subsystems. That means we need to remove all the code which assumes
> that net_prio_subsys_id and net_cls_subsys_id is of type int.

I don't think int or enum is the matter here.  enum is an int.  It's
whether the ID is allocated statically or dynamically.  Can you please
update the description using those terms instead?

Thanks.

-- 
tejun