Subject: [RFC] new connection-oriented layer 3+4 protocol

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 19:08:53 +0200

Hi!

I am programming a new layer 3+4 protocol for mesh networks. Basically it is
- connection oriented
- source (+optional onion) routed
- doing windowing between each neighbor on every connection (no congestion
  avoidance)
- using credits as a metric for QoS

The protocol especially tries to withstand DoS attacks and rough
users/application without human interference. This includes protection against
inserting bogus routes, blackholing/throttling, addressing conflicts (node
address can be a hashed public crypto key) and ressource contention. In theory
it could provide Byzantine robustness, but in practice the overhead for
calculating routes and ressource contention will limit how far this gets.

Right now the layer 3 is running somehow (without any crypto). The layer 4 is
currently rather incomplete and broken.

Project home:
http://michaelblizek.homelinux.net/projects/cor/index.html

Code:
http://repo.or.cz/w/cor.git/tree/HEAD:/net/cor

        -Michi