Subject: Re: kernel BUG at kernel/timer.c:748!

From: Dave Jones <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2012 14:11:52 -0400

On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 07:31:18PM +0200, Eric Dumazet wrote:
 > On Mon, 2012-09-24 at 13:11 -0400, Dave Jones wrote:
 > 
 > > Great, I'll give this a shot.
 > > 
 > > Any idea why this only just started triggering ?
 > > (Ie, do we need this for stable too?)
 > 
 > Seems this is a very old bug.

Indeed. As far as I can tell, this goes back to 2.1.8,
back in November 1996.

 > I guess your trinity tool gets better ?

Possible. Or it may be that it was finding other bugs first
that are now fixed, that prevented us getting far enough along
to try this.

 > I used following program to trigger the bug :

I'm sure reproducers like that will be appreciated by anyone
running QA tests on older kernels.

tangent: Is there any kind of networking correctness suite
other than fuzz testers like isic etc ? 

thanks,

	Dave