Subject: [net:master 1/9] pch_gbe_main.c:(.text+0x510370): undefined reference to `pch_ch_control_write'

From: Fengguang Wu <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2012 15:59:55 +0800

Hi David,

FYI, kernel build failed on

tree:   git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/net.git master
head:   c0b8b99287235626a5850ef7e5bfc842d1ebcecd
commit: da1586461e53a4dd045738cce309ab488970f0ef [1/9] pch_gbe: Fix PTP dependencies.
config: x86_64-randconfig-s052 (attached as .config)

All error/warnings:

drivers/built-in.o: In function `pch_gbe_ioctl':
pch_gbe_main.c:(.text+0x510370): undefined reference to `pch_ch_control_write'
pch_gbe_main.c:(.text+0x510393): undefined reference to `pch_ch_control_write'
pch_gbe_main.c:(.text+0x5103b3): undefined reference to `pch_ch_control_write'
pch_gbe_main.c:(.text+0x5103e1): undefined reference to `pch_set_station_address'
pch_gbe_main.c:(.text+0x510403): undefined reference to `pch_ch_control_write'
pch_gbe_main.c:(.text+0x510431): undefined reference to `pch_set_station_address'
pch_gbe_main.c:(.text+0x51043e): undefined reference to `pch_ch_event_write'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `pch_gbe_xmit_frame':
pch_gbe_main.c:(.text+0x510fe4): undefined reference to `pch_ch_event_read'
pch_gbe_main.c:(.text+0x511049): undefined reference to `pch_tx_snap_read'
pch_gbe_main.c:(.text+0x51106f): undefined reference to `pch_ch_event_write'
drivers/built-in.o: In function `pch_gbe_napi_poll':
pch_gbe_main.c:(.text+0x511537): undefined reference to `pch_ch_event_read'
pch_gbe_main.c:(.text+0x511562): undefined reference to `pch_src_uuid_lo_read'
pch_gbe_main.c:(.text+0x51156d): undefined reference to `pch_src_uuid_hi_read'
pch_gbe_main.c:(.text+0x511659): undefined reference to `pch_ch_event_write'
pch_gbe_main.c:(.text+0x511dc1): undefined reference to `pch_rx_snap_read'

---
0-DAY kernel build testing backend         Open Source Technology Center
Fengguang Wu, Yuanhan Liu                              Intel Corporation