Subject: [net:master 6/7] mdio-gpio.c:(.text+0x58): multiple definition of `of_mdiobus_register'

From: Fengguang Wu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 07:28:18 +0800

Hi Mark,

FYI, kernel build failed on

tree:   git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/net.git master
head:   5175a5e76bbdf20a614fb47ce7a38f0f39e70226
commit: 4085a7f0a09c73ef3e9de113c9f04d78c79be645 [6/7] netdev/phy: Prototype of_mdio_find_bus()
config: i386-allyesconfig

All error/warnings:

drivers/net/phy/mdio-gpio.o: In function `of_mdiobus_register':
mdio-gpio.c:(.text+0x58): multiple definition of `of_mdiobus_register'
drivers/net/phy/libphy.o:(.text+0x23d7): first defined here
drivers/net/phy/mdio-gpio.o: In function `of_phy_find_device':
mdio-gpio.c:(.text+0x67): multiple definition of `of_phy_find_device'
drivers/net/phy/libphy.o:(.text+0x23e6): first defined here
drivers/net/phy/mdio-gpio.o: In function `of_phy_connect':
mdio-gpio.c:(.text+0x73): multiple definition of `of_phy_connect'
drivers/net/phy/libphy.o:(.text+0x23f2): first defined here
drivers/net/phy/mdio-gpio.o: In function `of_phy_connect_fixed_link':
mdio-gpio.c:(.text+0x7f): multiple definition of `of_phy_connect_fixed_link'
drivers/net/phy/libphy.o:(.text+0x23fe): first defined here
drivers/net/phy/mdio-gpio.o: In function `of_mdio_find_bus':
mdio-gpio.c:(.text+0x8b): multiple definition of `of_mdio_find_bus'
drivers/net/phy/libphy.o:(.text+0x240a): first defined here

---
0-DAY kernel build testing backend         Open Source Technology Center
Fengguang Wu, Yuanhan Liu                              Intel Corporation