Subject: Re: switching network namespace midway

From: Benjamin LaHaise <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2012 10:03:53 -0400

On Thu, Nov 01, 2012 at 11:18:58PM -0700, Eric W. Biederman wrote:
> You need a per network namespace exit function to delete the tunnel when
> the xmit direction goes away.  Otherwise we have a very nasty race if
> the original network namespace exits.

That already exists as ipgre_exit_net().  Since the ip_tunnel structure 
remains hashed in the network namespace that creation occurred in, this 
case should be covered.

> NETNS_LOCAL may make sense on the reference device that is used to
> support ioctls for creating devices.

*nod*  That makes sense.

> ipgre_open ?  It looks like it needs to be handled.  Probably that
> ip_route_output_gre needs to be moved.

Good catch.  Will respin with that changed.

> ipv6?

That's next on the list.  There are also issues with ipip, ipmr and 
ipvti, as well as their ipv6 versions.

		-ben
-- 
"Thought is the essence of where you are now."