Subject: Re: [PATCH 200/493] irda: remove use of __devinit

From: Greg KH <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 11:21:21 -0800

On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 02:06:54PM -0500, David Miller wrote:
> 
> It is absolutely not reasonable to post nearly 500 patches all
> at the same time.
> 
> Do not do this ever again.

Bill did this with the assumption that I would take them through my
driver-core tree, as I asked that he do this work.  The 000 message said
that, but that wasn't sent out to all of the recipients, so I can
understand how you didn't see this.

Also, I was the only one that got all 500 emails, everyone else should
have only seen a small quantity.

As you object to these, that's fine, I'll not apply anything to my
treethat touches the drivers/net/ or net/ tree at this point in time, is
that ok?

But the end goal is to drop CONFIG_HOTPLUG entirely, and these __dev*
markings, as they don't do anything anymore.

thanks,

greg k-h