Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] checkpatch: add double empty line check

From: Andy Whitcroft <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 23:19:30 +0000

On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 01:58:48PM -0800, Joe Perches wrote:

> +# check for multiple blank lines, warn only on the second one in a block
> +		if ($rawline =~ /^.\s*$/ &&
> +		    $prevrawline =~ /^.\s*$/ &&
> +		    $linenr != $last_blank_linenr + 1) {
> +			CHK("DOUBLE_EMPTY_LINE",
> +			    "One blank line separating blocks is generally sufficient\n" . $herecurr);
> +			$last_blank_linenr = $linenr;
> +		}
> +
>  # check for line continuations in quoted strings with odd counts of "
>  		if ($rawline =~ /\\$/ && $rawline =~ tr/"/"/ % 2) {
>  			WARN("LINE_CONTINUATIONS",

Pretty sure that will fail with combination which have removed lines.  I
have a version here which I am testing with the combinations I have
isolated to far ...

-apw