Subject: [RFC] Route lost when src address is removed.

From: Hemmo Nieminen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 14:09:53 +0200

Hi,

A route is lost to a subnet, even if it still has addresses
in that subnet.

In normal situations, it seems, a route's source address is the
same as the subnet's primary address and if it gets removed, the
route's source address is updated to be the new primary address.

If, however, the route's source address has been changed to some
other IP address than the primary address, the route is lost
when the source address is removed. This leaves us with IP
addresses in a subnet but no route to that subnet.

I encountered this and was not able to figure out whether this
behaviour is intentional or not? I would sort of expect the
route the be updated to have e.g. the primary address as the new
source address but perhaps not in all cases... What do you
think?

Attached below an example run that should also include all the
information needed to reproduce this.

-- 
Hemmo