Subject: Re: [RFC PATCH 5/6] firewire net: IPv6 support (RFC3146).

From: Stefan Richter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2013 18:42:34 +0100

On Jan 12 Stephan Gatzka wrote:
> 
> > Another thing:  As far as I understand, the current code assumes that
> > peers will use the same unicast_FIFO for IPv4 unicast as for IPv6
> > unicast.  This is not necessarily true.  Either firewire-net needs to
> > maintain two lists of peers (one for IPv4, another for IPv6), or it needs
> > to maintain two unicast_FIFOs per peer.
> >
> 
> Thanks for pointing that out. I would go for two unicast_Fifos per peer.

Indeed.  Plus, if we look up an IPv6 peer whose IPv6 unicast_FIFO is as
yet unkown but whose IPv4 unicast_FIFO is already known, we could
optimistically use the latter until we learn the former.  And vice versa.
-- 
Stefan Richter
-=====-===-= ---= -==--
http://arcgraph.de/sr/