Subject: Re: [PATCH 20/33] net: Convert to devm_ioremap_resource()

From: Thierry Reding <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 14:09:57 +0100

On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 01:03:06PM +0000, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> On Tuesday 22 January 2013, Thierry Reding wrote:
> > I planned to do so initially, but that yielded a Cc list of 156 people
> > and mailing lists, which I thought wasn't going to go down so well
> > either. In general I like Cc'ing everyone concerned on all patches of
> > the series, specifically for reasons of context. Some people have been
> > annoyed when I did so. Still, for small series where only a few dozen
> > people are concerned that seems to me to be the best way. But 156 email
> > addresses is a different story.
> > 
> > Either you add to many people or you don't add enough. Where do we draw
> > the line?
> 
> I've had the same problem a couple of times. The best compromise seems
> to be to Cc only the top-level subsystem maintainers and mailing lists
> on the first email.

Even that would have been about 50 addresses IIRC. But perhaps that's
still the best compromise to avoid any confusion.

Thierry