Subject: Re: SYSFS "errors"

From: Borislav Petkov <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 13:35:02 +0100

On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 09:16:10AM -0300, Mauro Carvalho Chehab wrote:
> I'm not sure if is there a way to pass fs permissions to something similar
> to device_create_file().

struct device_attribute.attr.mode? I.e., second arg.

> On both cases, an error will happen at open:
> 	- if file doesn't exist (this approach), it will return -ENOENT;
> 	- if file is opened with wrong permissions, open will return -EPERM.
> 
> However, if the file is not created, readdir() won't show the file.

Right, and in that case userspace which *assumes* it is always created -
like it is now - will fail when accessing it.

If simply you adjust the attributes accordingly but *always* create the
file and it has the correct permissions, everyone is happy. Right?

-- 
Regards/Gruss,
    Boris.

Sent from a fat crate under my desk. Formatting is fine.
--